Advice needed on managed VPS hosting.

Hi Community Members, I was customer of Secure Cart Hosting, and as we know now Secure Cart Hosting is dead, now I’m looking for affordable managed VPS hosting that are priced around $35, advice from members are much welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.

1. Site Ground have Semi Dedicated Hosting but they are not clear about amount of RAM and CPU allocation, any one have experience with Site Ground regarding the speed, uptime and scalability?
  2. I’m more inclined with TMDHosting, so how is TMDHosting, when compared with HostGator?
  3. Does any one have experience with Future Hosting?
  4. If I can stretch my budget, whether Cloud VPS is better than ordinary VPS?
  5. Whether allocation of dedicated CPU Hz is better than equal share of CPU?
  1. Don’t go with siteground. Way too many bad experiences here on the forum.

2. can’t help you there

3. Yes. Me and some other forum members use them and we are all very happy with them. Helpdesk is good, pricing is good, they have servers in both Europe and US, and their prices are very competetive.

4. Wouldn’t go there (yet?). It’s not necessary for a small to medium sized webshop. If you have many customers from all over the world you could use CDN but I don’t really see the benefit yet.

5. Depends. There is nothing wrong with sharing resources, as long as the provider does not put too many accounts on the server.

Also, a shared hosting account can even be better and safer than a VPS, because you don’t need the

knowledge of running a server. I would actually recommend a proper shared hosting account if you don’t know your way around a server. You can always upgrade later.

Hope this helps… if you need more info you should be able to find more then enough here: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=21924[/url]

(in short, most people seem to advice servint, wired tree, and futurehosting)

Flow said absolutely correct on shared account safer than VPS. My bad experience with servlnt. Everything works excellent with Hostgator Shared account but when i move the servlnt vps, my blog was hacked immediately (Yes Blog, not CSC). So i move back to hostgator and now everything going smooth.

[quote name=‘miracles’]Flow said absolutely correct on shared account safer than VPS. My bad experience with servlnt. Everything works excellent with Hostgator Shared account but when i move the servlnt vps, my blog was hacked immediately (Yes Blog, not CSC). So i move back to hostgator and now everything going smooth.[/quote]

Evidently your blog was insecure, as your files are actually more susceptible to hacking attempts on a shared host, where as a VPS, its a private container, that only processing running within your VPS can see.

I have many clients on ServInt VPS’s, with no problems at all, including wordpress and cs-cart sites, they also run just fine, not slow, ServInt has excellent support staff as well.

[quote name=‘owenad’]Evidently your blog was insecure, as your files are actually more susceptible to hacking attempts on a shared host, where as a VPS, its a private container, that only processing running within your VPS can see.

I have many clients on ServInt VPS’s, with no problems at all, including wordpress and cs-cart sites, they also run just fine, not slow, ServInt has excellent support staff as well.[/QUOTE]

That’s true that servlnt support was good. But regarding the speed, i noticed when i in HG i am getting 300+ daily visitors but when i move to VPS, visitors stats going down to 100+ visitors and bounce rate was too much than before.

[quote name=‘miracles’]That’s true that servlnt support was good. But regarding the speed, i noticed when i in HG i am getting 300+ daily visitors but when i move to VPS, visitors stats going down to 100+ visitors and bounce rate was too much than before.[/quote]

I did have one issue with a clients VPS @ ServInt, where it seemed like the VPS was just overall slower than the others, and some times zipping or unzipping a large set of files/data would take longer than I thought it should.

I simply asked them to move the VPS to another hostnode server, and that solved it immediately, it was either harddrive problems, or just all the VPS’s on the original hostnode were being used more than usual, kinda causing an overall drop in performance.

That shouldn’t have effected your bounce rates or visitor counts though, that seems pretty odd, I mean, it’d have to have been so slow at times, that basically your website couldn’t even load at all, for the visitors count to drop, maybe you just had a slump in visitors, it does happen.

Hi friends, thanks for your precious time to reply. I went through thread by S. Combs my previous host person and came to following conclusion.

1. Managed VPS are managed according to default OS templet and is of no use to me unless I have through Linux knowledge.
  2. Even though if I take service of S. Combs to configure Managed VPS according to CS-Cart needs, it will be continued process, and I defiantly cannot afford that much of expense.
  3. This leave me option of MartFoxs’s “E-commerce Semi-VPS Hosting” and RangeHosting.us’s “eCommerce” plan. Any idea about those companies?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I’d also like to hear a few thoughts on shared hosting “good” choices. I’ve got a site running opencart at hostgator and am thrilled with the service and performance.

I have our Cs site at ServInt VPS and don’t really need the VPS at this time. Kind of a rush decision based on SCH and their pending demise. I’m considering going with hostgator shared account for our Cs but not sure. I don’t mind paying a premium for a well managed service, but not the VPS premium as it’s of no use to us at this point.

Any suggestions other that what’s been already mentioned…hostgator…?

Stu

Been reading review about TMD Hosting from morning, feel that they are on-par with Host Gator, if I’m wrong please correct me.

Interesting thread ans post in the webhostingtalk.com: Is LiteSpeed faster than Apache?

If I ask for information about “how many sites they have hosted on each server” then will they give true answers?

So, were are those no-overselling shared plans? they don’t advertise themselves enough because…:rolleyes: