forbidden : 403

OK, What did I do?!?!

Trying to install a fresh copy and I get this…must have done something wrong???

try to re-upload and unzip??

-------------------------------

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /install/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------

Thanks for helping!!

Hello michael305!

Please check the permissions for the “install” directory of your CS-Cart package. They should be readable for all. You can find more details about the permissions here: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I am also having the same problem with the forbidden error. I have tried everything that was recommended to me in the Documentation about chmod’ing certain files. What am I missing here? Getting a forbidden error no matter if I’m trying to go to site.com/install or site.com/index.php.

Thanks.

Hi jkclubwear!

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

Try opening the simple HTML file located in the directory of your CS-Cart installation, namely, open this link: [url]http://site.com/store_closed.html[/url]

If the “403 Forbidden” error is still displayed, check the permissions for the directory in which your CS-Cart files are located. I mean, if your CS-Cart files are in the “public_html” directory, check the permissions for this directory. If they are OK, contact your server administrator and ask him/her about this problem.

If the “store_closed.html” file is opened properly, but the “index.php” is not, create a test PHP file in the directory of your CS-Cart installation with the following content:

```php

echo "Hello";
?>

```, name it “test.php” and try opening the following link: [url]http://site.com/test.php[/url]

If the error is displayed, contact your server administrator and ask him/her why a simple PHP file cannot be opened on your server.

If you see the “Hello” word, but the “index.php” file still cannot be opened, compare the permissions for the “test.php” and “index.php” files. If they are equal, contact our support team via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary FTP access to your server. We will investigate the issue in more detail.

Thank you! I got it working. Permissions can be a real pain.

This is an old thread but may some guys refer here again.

Some hosting providers do not allow php files to be executed in a directory with 777 permission. So you can change them to 755 and then run install again.