"The username or email you have chosen already exists."

Just upgraded to 2.1.3 and noticed a big problem with checkouts.

I tested out guest checkout, put in my usual email to test and I get

“Error The username or email you have chosen already exists. Please try another one.”

This used to not happen before. When I try to register an account using that same email I am receiving the same error.

This is a big issue. :frowning: What can I do to keep guest checkouts with the same email and allow them to register the email used in guest checkouts for their account (at least once!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you or a customer has already registered (& chosen a username & password) in the store, they can no longer be considered as a “Guest”. Besides, why would anyone want to re-enter all of their information again.

[quote name=‘Struck’]If you or a customer has already registered (& chosen a username & password) in the store, they can no longer be considered as a “Guest”. Besides, why would anyone want to re-enter all of their information again.[/QUOTE]

Hi Struck,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve kept trying emails of people who have made purchases previously but did not register an account. Seems to work just fine now. Perhaps before, I was able to still checkout as a guest with my test account using the same email but this is no longer the case.

Hi Guys,

I know this is old topic. But I'm hoping if there is a way to remove the message “The username or email you have chosen already exists. Please try another one.” and just let them re-enter there info again?

Thank you

the same problem with ultimate 3.06 , some solutions?