Design Blocks dissappear after editing products

Hi,

Can anyone help me? Been trying to set up my store since I bought CS CART and having no luck.

I keep losing the design blocks when I edit the products or try add localization for my country.

My home page / all pages has all the various blocks as active and enabled yet nothing appears at the top or in the centre column.

I also lost my top menu for some reason - is this a known bug?

Using 2.1.2

Thanks

Simon

We are having the same problem. in the database all of our blocks that we created stays and we can not see them. there is a bug and its also submitted to the bug tracker but i still did not get any reply. :frowning:

i’m evaluating 2.1.2 right now. i had a no shipping option available then configured the localization based upon what was in the knowledge base. After creating my localization, all my design blocks disappeared from the front of my site. it’s pretty much inoperable.

now i’m reluctant to even move to cs-cart now.

Hi,

Well it seem we have the same probelm

I was also configuring localisation for South Africa - currency and cities. After doing that, the blocks “reset” and then you cannot get them back

Even if you revert all your changes, disbale and re-enable - no help

How can we get more details on this to see if its fixed in v2.1.3?

Because of wrong configured ‘Locations’ and maybe shippings, user groups…

[quote name=‘JGift’]Hi,

Well it seem we have the same probelm

I was also configuring localisation for South Africa - currency and cities. After doing that, the blocks “reset” and then you cannot get them back

Even if you revert all your changes, disbale and re-enable - no help

How can we get more details on this to see if its fixed in v2.1.3?[/quote]

It’s not a bug, it works in 2.1.2 as well, just use the “Search” function on the forum…

P.S. You can get them back: just delete your ‘Location’.

Well then I am very confused as to how to implement the Store for my country.

I need to setup 9 States (Provinces)

Each province has 5 - 10 Major cities

I need to add the Rand Currency and enable shipping to these defined regions…

Can you advise on how I can implement this safefully.

It seems everytime I do this - I am doing it incorrectly… based on what you are saying…

Here are some links they will help you:

[URL]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15123&highlight=Localization[/URL]

Thank you so much

Will start reading through that…

Hi Lads

I have been checking in the whole forum but I didnt find any “real” solution for this.

In my case I followed the instructions given by cs-cart to set up taxes and localizations… but when I activated my localization (Spain) TOP MENU - QUICK LINKS - AND CATEGORIES dissapear.

I realised I should have select my localization in every item to be shown in the storefront, so I check them out and now CATEGORIES are displayed in the store front (It has sense) but TOP MENU AND QUICK LINKS still dissapeared… which I still havent found any sense for this… why they dissapear? there´s no way to configure showing or not the top menu or quicklinks in the localization as items have… I dont understand… I dont really know if it´s a bug or what is the story…

Other people has the same problem as I have seen in other posts but nobody really found a solution for this but disabling localization?

Thanks

[quote name=‘Telemaco78’]Hi Lads

I have been checking in the whole forum but I didnt find any “real” solution for this.

In my case I followed the instructions given by cs-cart to set up taxes and localizations… but when I activated my localization (Spain) TOP MENU - QUICK LINKS - AND CATEGORIES dissapear.

I realised I should have select my localization in every item to be shown in the storefront, so I check them out and now CATEGORIES are displayed in the store front (It has sense) but TOP MENU AND QUICK LINKS still dissapeared… which I still havent found any sense for this… why they dissapear? there´s no way to configure showing or not the top menu or quicklinks in the localization as items have… I dont understand… I dont really know if it´s a bug or what is the story…

Other people has the same problem as I have seen in other posts but nobody really found a solution for this but disabling localization?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hello Telemacco78,

If you use the localization you need to define the store objects (products, categories, pages and etc.) to it.

You can read it in the “Setting up a localization” article of our Knowledge Base. [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks Mikhail… I will try this week… but I think I did set it up, well I just did it for Spain…

Could it be because I have disable all languages and I have just left the spanish one?

I did set up Localization for Spain and I deleted the example one.

Thanks

[quote name=‘Telemaco78’]Thanks Mikhail… I will try this week… but I think I did set it up, well I just did it for Spain…

Could it be because I have disable all languages and I have just left the spanish one?

I did set up Localization for Spain and I deleted the example one.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You are welcome!

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team