iPhone app for store owners
Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:59 PM
Authorized Reseller - Cart licenses: $305 (lowest reseller price)
Custom B2B Development, Consulting and Special Projects (get a quote).
Commercial addons to meet your business and operations needs.
Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:32 AM
I've sent a new build of the app to all subscribers.
Please let me know how it goes.
1. Their should be a way to email the tracking numbers to customers, the tracking numbers are saved in the "view shipments" functionality.
2. When viewing orders I would like to be able to click on the customers email address to send them an email, instead of having to back out and search for the customer under the customer tab or at least provide a link from the customers name to this section in the customer tab.
3. You can't edit product prices.
4. Clicking on the customers email address (customer tab) should launch the email app.
5. Clicking on the customers phone number (customers tab) should popup the default "call" popup to confirm calling the customer.
6. The light blue and light green text colors could be darker so they are easier to read. Even better just stick with the dark navy blue and/or light grey text colors as shown when viewing order details, these are good neutral color on the eyes.
7. Search by Order# is going to be the most used feature in a mobile app and you can't do that right now. Also maybe a new tab can be created that would contain advanced search functionality where we could search by zipcode because sometimes we get customers that call and they do not know their order#, I know you can search by customer but sometimes it's easier to search by zipcode ect...
Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:46 AM
thank you for the report and suggestions :)
Has anyone else managed to install the app?
Guys, we need your feedback!
We're working on design and colors so the app should look much better next week.
Also I'll look what's wrong with editing product prices.
"email", "call" & "view customer" features are in the wishlist and we'll definitely implement them. Although I don't have ETA for them at the moment.
Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:13 AM
I guess we'll have a new version next week.
We've done a lot of changes in the internal app structure and implemented apple push notifications which took us longer than we could expect.
Also we're preparing cs-cart module to allow installation on beta users' stores.
Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:27 AM
I got everything installed and ran through some tests tonight. Here are my thoughts:
1. The login screen asks for a username or email. You can have the iOS switch the keyboard optimized for email entry (http://developer.app...nputTypes.html). I would recommend this for that field.
2. I see you can touch any field. What is the purpose of that? If I hold down should I be able to copy the information from that field? Maybe I could then paste that in an email if I needed to. Just a thought.
3. When I hit refresh, it removed the items from the screen and then slowly put them back. There needs to be just a pacifier like the login and not clear the screen. Other apps I have used have a pull down option and it will initiate a refresh.
4. Under orders I should be able to at least sort by order number, status, or date.
5. Under Products wouldn't you want to be able to change the amount along with the status?
6. For customers wouldn't you want to be able to edit most all of the fields? You also need better tags for First Name, Last Name, Address, Zip, etc..
7. I was not able to see any notifications.
I really like the progress you are making on this. I am very excited. You could easily port this to iPad without much trouble.
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Hosting with: ServInt
Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:01 AM
Thank you for the feedback. However some points are not clear, could you explain them in more details please?
We'll definitely address at least some of the points in the next build which is due to on Tuesday.
what fields do you mean? on what screen?
How often does it change? What I mean is we can put default ordering option to the app preferences if it's unlikely to change often.
There is an issue with provisioning profiles. We receive notifications to our development environment, but fail to get them using the bundle we've distributed. We're looking into the issue.
Sure, we'll definitely do that.
Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:08 PM
Can any one help me Please.
Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:21 PM
All fields within the order or the customer. I can click on them and they remain highlighted in blue. I was suggesting that you can allow people to copy that field if they want to send customer information through email. Does that make sense?
I would think that people would want to sort on the fly. Sometimes when I am looking for a group of orders, I want to sort or filter by order status. Come to think of it, you could change your dashboard to show the order statuses and then when I click on the status it pulls up the order screen with it already filtered.
With the popularity of the iPad it would be terrible not to capitalize on the opportunity.
Hosting with: ServInt
Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:54 PM
Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:06 PM
Any help, i'm a meant to enter the assess ID some where!