• You cannot reply to this topic

eBay integration Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• imac
  • CTO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:05 AM #181

Hi, 

i have bought cs-cart ebay module today, but i have a big problem when import two or more products:

PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/app/addons/ebay/func.php on line 640
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: variants in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/app/addons/ebay/func.php on line 640

There is a fix?  :grin:

Thanks

This notice should not stop the export process. So did you succeed with exporting?

I recommend you to contact tech support - they will check this.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • CTO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:47 PM #182

Allowing for choice of quantity exported to ebay is good. Quantity on ebay, in CS-Cart and total in both channels should be available. It would also be good if inventory could be shifted from channel to channel if desired. All simple arithmetic on one extra variable. If no stock in CS-Cart channel but some in eBay, then attempt to purchase in CS-Cart could result in temporarily unavailable message with optional link link to ebay.

At the moment we plan the following behavior:

Each time a customer places an order in your CS-Cart store the Ebay add-on will Revise item at Ebay and decrease it amount.

Each time you import orders from Ebay the quantity of bought products will be decreased.

Quantity split feature is not considered right now. 

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:15 PM #183

Something else that needs added badly, is the ability to select which countries you want to sell to.  Right now it automatically defaults to just the country you reside in.  But I also sell to Canada, and about half my business comes from there.  So as is, I lose about 50% of my customer base when I decide to use the eBay addon over listing it manually on ebay.

ebaycscart.jpg

• djhosken
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:33 PM #184

Hi, here is the list of improvements in Ebay add-on we are working at:

Configuration & Management:

• Ability to assign Ebay category with CS-Cart category - so in one template there could be products from different ebay categories (at the moment one template can export products only to one Ebay category)
  • Each template will have a link to all products assigned to it. We will add Ebay template to products search in Admin area.
  • We will add ability to add products to template using mass-editing feature and "Add Products" picker on the template page.
  • We will add new field "Ebay price" - so you will be able to set different product price for Ebay.
  • All Ebay fields for the product (price, name, description) could be updated with mass-editing and Import/Export.

Export:

• You will be able to export a certain products or all the products from a template.
  • On the manage products list - there will be a new column Ebay status for the products that were exported to Ebay.
  • The Error log will have all the details about export. After each export you will get the notice how many products were exported successfully, how many products had warning or errors.
  • Integration of Ebay actions: add/relist/revise/close item.

If you have some thoughts regarding you are welcome to post it here.

Uservoice ideas:
Different Price - https://cscart.userv...e-than-in-store
Mass-editing of Ebay properties - https://cscart.userv...scription-to-th
Add Ebay fields to Export/Import - https://cscart.userv...lds-to-the-avai

Any update when this new eBay addon will be available?

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:12 AM #185

Any update when this new eBay addon will be available?

Just my guess, but I would say they have not started working on it.  I got an email the other day from support wanting my input about it and if I am using it, and what features it needs.

• Qbasix
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:28 PM #186

At the moment we plan the following behavior:

Each time a customer places an order in your CS-Cart store the Ebay add-on will Revise item at Ebay and decrease it amount.
Each time you import orders from Ebay the quantity of bought products will be decreased.

What happens to the Ebay item when the CS-Cart store quantity goes from 1 to 0? Does it end the Ebay item?

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:22 AM #187

You have to manually push a button to update item's, but yeah from what I remember it does.

• imac
  • CTO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:02 PM #188

What happens to the Ebay item when the CS-Cart store quantity goes from 1 to 0? Does it end the Ebay item?

In updated version you need to Revise such items. In near future we plan to integrate sending Revise requests to Ebay automatically.

How to do it manually:

1) Go to the products page and click advanced search

2) Select latest orders: http://note.io/1OiNoMN

3) Select found products and click "Export / Revise products on Ebay" http://note.io/21801l4

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• sostools
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:08 AM #189

We are on the latest release, 4.3.5 now.

Ebay export is now coming up with:

The server specified by ExternalPictureURL is not responding

and

Input data for tag <AddItemRequestContainer.Item.PictureDetails.PictureURL> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.

Also, on product edit in Admin we get an error saying the image doesn't exist, path to image is full host server path, not web server path relative to the apache server directory. Is this an apache/php config issue?

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:40 AM #190

We are on the latest release, 4.3.5 now.

Ebay export is now coming up with:

The server specified by ExternalPictureURL is not responding
and
Input data for tag <AddItemRequestContainer.Item.PictureDetails.PictureURL> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.
Also, on product edit in Admin we get an error saying the image doesn't exist, path to image is full host server path, not web server path relative to the apache server directory. Is this an apache/php config issue?

Hello, and please excuse me for the late reply.

The product export works as follows:
1. The image is uploaded to the service, and the link to the image is stored.
2. The product is exported, and the link to the image is attached to the product.

We did some testing and found the following possible reasons for the problem:
1. The store you export products from must be accessible from the Internet for eBay to be able to reach it. E.g., the error may appear if you have a local installation of CS-Cart accessible through localhost.
2. The image of the product may not have been uploaded to CS-Cart properly. The export should work fine if the image has been uploaded without errors, or if the product has no image at all. But if the image file is corrupted, it may lead to the problem you described.
3. It could be a eBay problem: this error appeared several times during testing, but it resolved itself after a while. In that case you may want to check if the problem is still there.
4. If these instructions didn't help, please contact CS-Cart support through Customer Help Desk.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:03 PM #191

Is functionality in 4.3.5 same as in 4.3.4?

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:18 PM #192

Is functionality in 4.3.5 same as in 4.3.4?

Hello, Merchantman.

4.3.5 includes the new version of eBay Synchronization by default. The updated addon provides some new features and improvements. Here's the short list:
  • you can now assign eBay categories to the categories of your store—that way you can use one eBay template to export products from multiple categories;
  • you can set separate product prices and descriptions for eBay;
  • you can assign products to the eBay template on the eBay template editing page
  • you can change eBay-related parameters in bulk and export them to a .csv file.
Other improvements include detailed error messages with the links to export logs, and interface improvements. The updated addon is also available as an upgrade package for CS-Cart 4.3.4, but we managed to fix a couple of bugs in the 4.3.5 version.

You can learn more in the topic dedicated to the new add-on..

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:48 PM #193

Hello, Merchantman.

4.3.5 includes the new version of eBay Synchronization by default. The updated addon provides some new features and improvements. Here's the short list:

• you can now assign eBay categories to the categories of your store—that way you can use one eBay template to export products from multiple categories;
  • you can set separate product prices and descriptions for eBay;
  • you can assign products to the eBay template on the eBay template editing page
  • you can change eBay-related parameters in bulk and export them to a .csv file.
Other improvements include detailed error messages with the links to export logs, and interface improvements. The updated addon is also available as an upgrade package for CS-Cart 4.3.4, but we managed to fix a couple of bugs in the 4.3.5 version.

You can learn more in the topic dedicated to the new add-on..

Thanks Ikoshkin. Sounds like we should be upgrading to 4.3.5.

• buging
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:59 PM #194

Does cs-cart provide support if I purchase the addon?

I'm using the 30day trial but I keep getting 'Attachment request file is missing' for all products. The listings end up with no images in ebay. 

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:16 AM #195

Does cs-cart provide support if I purchase the addon?

I'm using the 30day trial but I keep getting 'Attachment request file is missing' for all products. The listings end up with no images in ebay. 

Yes, we provide support. Feel free to contact us via HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:08 PM #196

When will there be international shipping options?  Main reason I have not purchased it.  Every other cart that has eBay integration has this option.

• natewallis
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:02 AM #197

sounds like there is an opportunity for someone to write a decent eBay addon for cs-cart and sell it.  I have installed the addon and having mixed results which are chewing up too much time.  I must say as the versions of CS-CART increase, my experiences with it are improving.  But after install the eBay addon, I am getting those old CS-CART feelings again :)

I have no problem paying for a product,  but it just looks bad for you guys when you release it too early and its proven to be a waste of money for us (for now).. Fingers crossed you update it before my upgrade subscription runs out. 

Based on the infrequency of your updates, I really don't think your license model is the best one for users.. maybe we should pay based on the number of updates that are released in the previous year :)

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:55 AM #198

Any updates on this?  Getting kinda ridiculous.