Free shipping for local pickup - State Dependant Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Virginia
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:54 AM #1

I've read several threads on this, and I can't get it to work. Basically, I have people here locally that order off my site, then come by and pick it up, so I want them to have free shipping.

I set up a a Destination that has selected United States: Nevada
(I had tried putting just the city name, but realized people from about 5 towns could actually drive out to pick it up, so I just put the state)

Then I went in under shipping methods, and added a method called Local Pickup. I clicked available. In the edit under my destination called Pahrump, NV, I put in the item dependancies, more than one item is zero dollars, and saved that.

I have an account set up with a Pahrump, NV address, and when they get to the checkout, it only shows my priority mail, the Local pickup doesn't show up. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:15 PM #2

Go back and have a look at the shipping method you saved. I think you might find it didn't actually save it, that's because it doesn't like $0.00 as an amount.

I have the same issue, for customers who want to come and collect. The solution I found was to make a shipping method called "Customers to collect" and made the amount $0.01. It's not ideal I know since a customer may get grumpy about the thought of paying 1 cent to collect!

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you find a better solution please let me know!

Grant.
Production - V1.3.4-SP3 (I know!)
Developing - V4.1.4 and all questions will relate to this version

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:52 PM #3

Yes, this is the moment I have been waiting for...I actually get to help someone else!!! Alright, I hope this is what you are trying to do, but we do the same thing...we let locals order over the web and offer an "in-store pickup" option so they don't have to pay shipping...I had posted this question quite some time ago and it was answered in an unrelated thread...this is the thread and hope this solves your problem!!!

http://vb.cs-cart.co...p=8073#post8073

Cheers,
Travis
:D
cs-cart 1.3.5 sp2!!!! finally!!!!
;)

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:45 AM #4

Aaaah excellent!

Thanks for that, exactly what I was looking for! I had never thought of trying it that way, does the same thing just another way around it.

I had to make the product cost $0.01 since it would not accept $0.00 but hey all my products are over 1 cent so it's all good.

I have attached what it looks like in shipping options, so everyone else can see nice and clearly.

Grant.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: FreeShiipingForCollection.jpg

Production - V1.3.4-SP3 (I know!)
Developing - V4.1.4 and all questions will relate to this version

• kennkrasner
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:27 PM #5

Greetings all!

I have followed all the instructions and knowledge base articles of creating:
* a destination with specific states, and;
* the shipping method called Local Pickup of over $0.01 with cost of $0.00, and;
* a customer in one of the states in the destination, but;

the local pickup option STILL does not appear. I opened a cs support ticket but no answer yet.

Can anyone out there PLEASE help me?

kenn krasner
CS-CART 1.3.5
php 5.2.6

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:00 PM #6

Did you add the destination to your shipping method?

kennkrasner said:

Greetings all!

I have followed all the instructions and knowledge base articles of creating:
* a destination with specific states, and;
* the shipping method called Local Pickup of over $0.01 with cost of $0.00, and;
* a customer in one of the states in the destination, but;

the local pickup option STILL does not appear. I opened a cs support ticket but no answer yet.

Can anyone out there PLEASE help me?

kenn krasner
CS-CART 1.3.5
php 5.2.6

CS-Cart 2.2.4
CS-Cart 4.1.3