Shipping configuration

Hello Everybody (I hope Bob and Brandon are here today, too…kkkkk)

Something wrong is happening in my “new” (version 2.0.12) webstore.

I only detected it after 2 clients buy some products and I had to send almost for free (something like 2$ of freight cost…). This was not very good. They bought not very much.

FIRST OF ALL:

We don’t send to anywhere else, only to Brazil. So, we do not have any other country Active, just Brazil.

Inside Brazil we have some States and they are inside localities.

TAX: no tax is applicable to send products. So, nothing active like VAT or something else.

SHIPPING METHODS:

HERE IS MY PROBLEM.

When I go in the configuration, we have 3 things to manipulate:

COST DEPENDENCY ( how much all products cost)

WEIGHT DEPENDENCY (how heavy are the products)

ITENS DEPENDENCY (number of units inside the cart)

I CAN NOT CONFIGURATE SOMETHING LIKE:

LOCAL DEPENDECY

OR

ZIPCODE DEPENDENCY.

For example:

If products go to the same State… $ 10.00

If they go to another State Number 1… $ 20.00

State number 2 … $ 24.00

I don’t know how things happen in others countries, specially because some of them have a lot of modules to use (UPS, usps…), but here I need to configurate using zipcodes zones to get a price.

So, I will need to work with, at least: COST X WEIGHT X ZIPCODE (STATE)

For me, number of itens are not important. But how much heavy they are. 10 itens have 3kg. So, 3kg is what I need to know.

Is there a way to create a new ZIPCODE (or State) dependency?

Maybe I could use an existent module from FedEx or another service and adjust to my needs.

Anyone has experience in it?

Bob? kkkkk

Tks!

You can specify zip code/state destinations in Locations. Then for each shipping method, you can specify the cost based on weight and product cost for each location.

See this Knowledge Base article:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Bob

Ok, Bob.

I will study it tonight.

Tks, again!

I don’t know what happened but I lose some blocks from the website and all products.

Category block, some banners, no product.

I take a look in blocks and they are there, and activated for ALL PAGES and for HOME PAGE.

If I disable this new SHIPPING METHOD… nothing change.

Strange.

I will take a look when I wake up.

Now is 02h10 am here.

Tks

It sounds like you set up a ‘Localization’. When you do this you need to assign the localization to categories, products, banners, shipping and payment methods and many other objects. Search for “localization” in the forum to get more information.

Unless you really need them, I suggest you do not use them since they require extra setup.

Bob

i think you need to create “states” for each brazilian state.

these are not setup in cs-cart, but there are for other countries like UK, USA, Australia

e.g. so create states

1. Amazonas
  2. Bahia
  3. so on…

then create a “location” for every state you ship to containing just one brazilian state.

e.g. you create
  4. location Amazonas containing only state of Amazonas
  5. location Bahia containing only state of Bahia
  6. so on…

then in your “shipping method” you can specify charges for each “location”

then you can specify a shipping charge for each “location”
  7. location Amazonas shipping charge is $40
  8. location Bahia shipping charge is $44

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It sounds like you set up a ‘Localization’. When you do this you need to assign the localization to categories, products, banners, shipping and payment methods and many other objects. Search for “localization” in the forum to get more information.

Unless you really need them, I suggest you do not use them since they require extra setup.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

I will need to use them. I have not how to calculate a shipping cost (method) without this LOCALIZATION. Or have I ?

THERE IS NOT very much information about this in docs:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Maybe in forum, like you said.

It is a very very slow work.

1st: You need to get Category by Category and click in the AVALIABILITY… and choose your Localization, in my case: Brazil.

There is a check box for you APPLY FOR ALL SUBCATEGORIES BUT IS DOES NOT WORK.

SO, YOU NEED TO DO IT FOR ALL SUBCATEGORIES, TOO (that is where are all products, in fact).

PRODUCTS

When you finish with all categories, you will need to do the same job for all products.

When you have 10 or 50 products it is easy.

But when you have thousands… it is not very easy.

Maybe in a near future, Cs-cart can make something to help with this.

I will make a test with a product to see with It will have a correct FREIGHT COST to my CITY/STATE.

[QUOTE]i think you need to create “states” for each brazilian state.

these are not setup in cs-cart, but there are for other countries like UK, USA, Australia

e.g. so create states

1. Amazonas
  2. Bahia
  3. so on…

then create a “location” for every state you ship to containing just one brazilian state.

e.g. you create
  4. location Amazonas containing only state of Amazonas
  5. location Bahia containing only state of Bahia
  6. so on…

then in your “shipping method” you can specify charges for each “location”

then you can specify a shipping charge for each “location”
  7. location Amazonas shipping charge is $40
  8. location Bahia shipping charge is $44[/QUOTE]

iT was this that I did.

The diference is that I create ZONES… 5 zones.

Each of them with an specific number of States, because each zone has its own cost from my State.

:slight_smile:

It sounds like you do not need Localizations so delete any you have set up. This will do no harm and should get your storefront working properly.

If you have your Locations set up then you should see links to each of your locations on the “Shipping charges” tab in Shipping Methods. Click one of these links and enter the charges for both weight and product cost and then hit the “Save” button. You should notice that the link now has “(+)” next to it - this denotes that the location has shipping charges. Repeat the above until 5 states have the appropriate shipping charges entered.

If you follow these instructions, your shipping should be calculated properly.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It sounds like you do not need Localizations so delete any you have set up. This will do no harm and should get your storefront working properly.

If you have your Locations set up then you should see links to each of your locations on the “Shipping charges” tab in Shipping Methods. Click one of these links and enter the charges for both weight and product cost and then hit the “Save” button. You should notice that the link now has “(+)” next to it - this denotes that the location has shipping charges. Repeat the above until 5 states have the appropriate shipping charges entered.

If you follow these instructions, your shipping should be calculated properly.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

About LOCALIZATION I think I don’t need to use, BUT… I had started using it… and I see you message now.

I need to go in each product and put the correct localization (Brazil). This is very slow.

I imagine if I delete my localization, I will need to go in all products to readapt again. Is that right?

Or they will understand that default country (localization) is Brazil and they will only see LOCATIONS (5 zones) ?

###

The problem I saw is that everytime the user will buy something, he need to calculate shipping cost manually, choosing proper State.

Something like this image:

Maybe it could be very good if we use more than 1 shipping methods. Something like:

3 - 5 days $

1 - 2 days $

So, the costumer can see if he wants one or other. And choose one of them.

If we are correct, if I delete LOCALIZATION “Brasil” I will not need to do everything again.

If we are not correct… ( I don’t want to think about this)

If you do not need localizations, delete any you have set up. You should not have any issues with your categories or products.

You can create as many shipping methods as you need and just make sure you assign the appropriate shipping charges for each location where that shipping service is available.

You could make a backup of your site and use it to test what the effect of various changes are. This way you will not have to worry about messing up your live site.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]If you do not need localizations, delete any you have set up. You should not have any issues with your categories or products.

You can create as many shipping methods as you need and just make sure you assign the appropriate shipping charges for each location where that shipping service is available.

You could make a backup of your site and use it to test what the effect of various changes are. This way you will not have to worry about messing up your live site.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I disable LOCALIZATION (Brazil) and ALL BLOCKS THAT were LOST (10th episode) came back.

So, thinks are working better now than when I use LOCALIZATION.

The second GOOD thing I could saw:

What happened?

When I choose the product (3kg) … the system calculated the FREIGHT COST direct (automatically).

I did not need to choose COUNTRY and STATE like when LOCALIZATION was working.

So, the client will not need to lose time calculating the SHIPPPING COST.

This is very good!

----------

I lost a very big time with this, today.

But when I have time I will create a new SHIPPING METHOD, more fast (and more expensive) to test how it will works.

NOW I WILL NOT NEED TO SEND PRODUCTS FOR FREE BECAUSE MY SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING.

Tks Bob!

[quote name=‘dragondf’]

The second GOOD thing I could saw:

What happened?

When I choose the product (3kg) … the system calculated the FREIGHT COST direct (automatically).

I did not need to choose COUNTRY and STATE like when LOCALIZATION was working.

So, the client will not need to lose time calculating the SHIPPPING COST.

This is very good![/QUOTE]

You could have been logged in so the cart already has your shipping information. I think you should check that again.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You could have been logged in so the cart already has your shipping information. I think you should check that again.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was logged in.

If you are not logged in the system will ask you to log in or to Register.

When you choose the product and click CHECKOUT BUTTON, this image will appear:

Yes. I was just pointing out that the shipping will not be automatically calculated on the cart (not checkout) page if a customer has not logged in.

Bob

Do you have idea when version 2.0.15 will appear?

Maybe in May?

----

If I migrate from 2.0.12 to the 2.0.15 will I lose all my work with SEO ?

Because I use a new template, css styles adjusted, a lot of products, images and this kind of addaptations (freight) and others.

Because It is very very bad to lose what you are in FIRST position in Google (SEO).

tKS

Nobody except the developers knows when the next version will be released or whether that version will be a bugfix only 2.0.15 or a beta of 2.1. The developers had originally targeted the beta 2.1 release for mid-May but, considering that is only 2 weeks away and they are still soliciting input on the new checkout, I think that date is very optimistic. I would not want to run a live site on any 2.1 release for quite some time after it is released and bugs are found.

In general, you should not lose anything that is stored in the DB - this includes your SEO names. You will probably have to re-apply any changes you have made to your TPL and CSS files if you did not use hooks to implement your changes. You should make a copy of your live site and test the upgrade on that, this will allow you to identify and fix issues without the burden on your site being unavailable.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Yes. I was just pointing out that the shipping will not be automatically calculated on the cart (not checkout) page if a customer has not logged in.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

Now I find one way to see the cart before CHECKOUT. It is just click the CART in the left corner.

I need to find this method to test the freight cost.

I am having a problem in SHIPPING COST method, using PROMOTION.

The system is not understanding that I do not want it works to 2 States. So, in spite of it, it give FREE SHIPPING FOR THIS 2 STATES.

I tryed NOT EQUAL and NOT IN and it is still working in these 2 States.

So, If I choose one of these two States, I will get the PROMOTION, automatically.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Maybe I need to describe that country need to be BRAZIL. (in spite of I can not choose other).

Tks

It uses the code (not the name) specified in Shipping/Taxes->States; make sure what you enter in the promotion matched the code. They should really make this field a dropdown so only appropriate values are available - this has been discussed before.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It uses the code (not the name) specified in Shipping/Taxes->States; make sure what you enter in the promotion matched the code. They should really make this field a dropdown so only appropriate values are available - this has been discussed before.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

When I just changed Acre for AC and Roraima for RR, nothing changed in the CART.

So, I changed all sequence:

FIRST: 2 States

Second: price

Third: weight.

With this configuration, things works fine.

Now, a person who lives in one of these 2 States will not get FREE SHIPPING in orders over 100.00 like the others.

----

Tks!

Strange that the order makes a difference. That sounds like a bug to me.

I was going to suggest using a group for the states condition but it really looks like it should not matter.

Bob