For what are setup localizations???

Hello,

sorry that i ask silly question, but i dont understand what are the localizations made for an sense?

For wich things can i use it?

For wich purposes i can use it, a example, also i not mean currency and wight symbols only!??

thanks very much for your explaining.

best regards

Triplex

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Hello,

sorry that i ask silly question, but i dont understand what are the localizations made for an sense?

For wich things can i use it?

For wich purposes i can use it, a example, also i not mean currency and wight symbols only!??

thanks very much for your explaining.

best regards

Triplex[/quote]

Using the feature you can adapt the store for a specific region with its currency, language and measures of weight.

You create a certain localization (e.g. Europe); define a specific measure of weight (e.g. kg) if necessary; then select countries that will constitute the localization, select currency (e.g. Euro) and language for this localization.

Also on the corresponding pages you can define what categories, products, store locations, shipping methods, credit cards and locations will be defined for this localization.

When a customer registers or signs in, the system identifies whether the country specified in his/her profile fits any localization. If yes, the parameters will be displayed according to the settings of the localization.

Hi Indy,

thanks for very fast reply!

I understand how i can create all this localizations. But what brings that all? Yes i can create it for weight and currency and language.

O.K. maybe you can explain me in other way.

When we can compare only the normal way if i create the items with different languages, or in other way i create localizations. What is the big different with the two options? What are the advantage and the cons?

thanks very much!

Localizations allows you to customize your catalog so that you can limit where certain items are sold (e.g., a product available only in the US even though you sell other products in Canada and Europe).

You can also create customized pages, for instance, reflecting required warranty policies which can cary by country.

It also allows other customization like limiting shipping methods and payment methods to certain locations.

It really provides a lot of additional flexibility for those who need it.

Bob

Thanks very much@all for fast explaining, really cool Community!

One question i have again.

What you advice, what is the best division (partition) of the localizations? What you suggest?

There is no “best division” - it depends on your needs. If you don’t need them, don’t use them as they just create additional complexity. Otherwise, explain what your needs are and maybe we can give you some advice.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]There is no “best division” - it depends on your needs. If you don’t need them, don’t use them as they just create additional complexity. Otherwise, explain what your needs are and maybe we can give you some advice.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Mhh thats difficult, because it is my first online shop. And i´ve not really know what i need and what not. I see first what i need, when i do something. That´s my problem.

Where do you sell your products?

Do you have any catalog restrictions based on location?

Do you have payment or shipping methods which are based on location?

What currencies do you sell in?

Does your shop offer multiple languages?

These are the types of questions you need to answer to determine if localizations would benefit you.

Bob

Where do you sell your products?

Answer: worldwide

Do you have any catalog restrictions based on location?

Answer: Normally not, but maybe i have some products…

Do you have payment or shipping methods which are based on location?

Answer: No, it depends on more… weight, checkout amount and location

What currencies do you sell in?

Answer: I think it is the best if i use multi-currency

Does your shop offer multiple languages?

Answer: Yes first in german and english but later we want to translate it to many other languages.

Some examples how localizations light benefit you:

Localization: Germany

Countries - Germany

Currencies - Euro

Languages - German, English

Localization: Europe

Countries - Italy, France, Netherlands, etc

Currencies - Euro

Languages - English

Localization: UK

Countries - United Kingdom

Currencies - Euro, GBP

Languages - English

If you have some items which are only available Germany, you could assign all 3 localizations on the regular products but only only Germany on the restricted products (this also works with categories and pages).

If you use a particular shipping method for delivery to the UK, you could restrict that shipping method to only the UK localization.

Unfortunately, as it currently works, there is no default handling for Localizations so once you turn it on, it can be quite a bit of extra work to maintain your catalog, for instance. See this bug post:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1308[/url]

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Some examples how localizations light benefit you:

Localization: Germany

Countries - Germany

Currencies - Euro

Languages - German, English

Localization: Europe

Countries - Italy, France, Netherlands, etc

Currencies - Euro

Languages - English

Localization: UK

Countries - United Kingdom

Currencies - Euro, GBP

Languages - English

If you have some items which are only available Germany, you could assign all 3 localizations on the regular products but only only Germany on the restricted products (this also works with categories and pages).

If you use a particular shipping method for delivery to the UK, you could restrict that shipping method to only the UK localization.

Unfortunately, as it currently works, there is no default handling for Localizations so once you turn it on, it can be quite a bit of extra work to maintain your catalog, for instance. See this bug post:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1308[/url]

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks all very much for your explaining. I love this Community, because all are treying to help others!

Does localization recognize customer only if he she is registered and signed in ? What about by IP for guest visitor?

[quote name=‘Darius’]Does localization recognize customer only if he she is registered and signed in ? What about by IP for guest visitor?[/QUOTE]

NO

NO, also i have test it with ip, the shop recognize it where do you come from and made the language as your internetprovider come from, but that is with normally configuration too.

no, the for customer he or she is regsitered and signed in, the user must everytime choose the localization.

Is there any way to assign “default” localization to all existing content?

I am going to be applying several localizations to my shop, but I would like to spend as little time doing it as possible, especially since I want to minimise the stop downtime.

Right now as soon as I enable “Localization”, my shop content largely disappears. Even if the country is in “default” location, no content shows up.

Thus, please let me know if this is a bug (since there is actually no default - default seems to be “no content”), or is there a simple way to assign localizations to the existing content - something simpler than clicking through EVERYTHING on the site and selecting a localization, even a default one.

Cheers,

V.

The developers are planning to improve the localizations support. I personally wish they would provide handling for the default localization.

From the Roadmap:

[QUOTE]Batch update for localizations[/QUOTE]

The only encouragement I can really offer is that you can use the product mass edit feature to assign localizations: select the 'Your location" field. Still leaves a lot of other work but will help some.

Bob

Thanks Jobosales,

I do not have “product mass edit feature” or “Your location” anywhere.

The only similar option that I do have is “global update” but that does not offer any localization options.

I am using 2.0.14.

Where can I find the functionality that you are describing?

Cheers,

V.

Never mind…found it after selecting a group of products. That does simplify things greatly! Thank you for the tip.

V.

Another question about localizations.

Is CS Cart meant to detect the origin of the visitor by IP and set the correct localization automatically?

I cannot really understand the description in the CS Cart knowledge base, but it does seem to indicate that the cart automatically detects the visitor’s origin and sets the localization automatically.

The reason I ask is that this does not seem to be happening with our shop. Visitors invariably end up in the “default” country set in the Admin section.

When I disable the “Default” country, CS Carts chooses a random country to go with, instead of the correct one. Is there a way to fix this?

V.

I tried to set up shipping to accept in Northern California only and will offer free shipping to some cities in North California. How do I set this up?

I was wondering if a customer who lives in a particular location or region can easily buy product from his region instead of searching and browsing all products to find the one close to his location.

Eg. A customer who lives in Calgary, Alberta want to buy a product. All he wants is to click on search or browse product by region and from there he can browse for his product, all within Calgary.

This feature is available in alibaba.com and aliexpress.com. It makes local shipping and payment easier and cheaper and increases patronage since buyer will not need to go the open store since he can find a seller close by from the net