Anchors dont work

Hello,

i can set with the editor Anchors links. But id dont works. I redirect on every Anchor link to Home.

What´s wrong?

Thanks for your comments

I need help with this also, cant figure it out.

I have the same problem in 2.0.8. Did anyone figure out what the problem is with anchors?

Stephanie

I too just tried to add some anchors to my Customer Service and Privacy & Legal page, and the anchors do not work.

It looks like when an anchor is created, and then you go to link a work to that anchor, the system is making it into a link like #anchorname. When you go to click on the word(s) you linked, it takes you to www.yourstorename.com/anchorname.html.

This is not correct. Since the page created most likely does not exist, the system may just be taking you back to your homepage (which is why most of you are experiencing this).

Any suggestions or ideas? Much appreciated.

[quote name='Chef_Joe' timestamp='1305224898' post='112116']

I too just tried to add some anchors to my Customer Service and Privacy & Legal page, and the anchors do not work.

It looks like when an anchor is created, and then you go to link a work to that anchor, the system is making it into a link like #anchorname. When you go to click on the word(s) you linked, it takes you to www.yourstorename.com/anchorname.html.

This is not correct. Since the page created most likely does not exist, the system may just be taking you back to your homepage (which is why most of you are experiencing this).

Any suggestions or ideas? Much appreciated.

[/quote]

Has anyone ever figure this out? I have the same problem…

Maybe if someone posted the actual anchor tag they were trying to work with, someone might be able to help.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309478507' post='116052']

Maybe if someone posted the actual anchor tag they were trying to work with, someone might be able to help.

[/quote]

I just needed a simple link with an anchor to a text at the end of the page (for FAQ purposes). Eventually I used the FAQ solution found here: FAQ creator - Off-Topic/General Chat - CS-Cart Community Forums

HTML anchors will not work within cs-cart. You need to use jquery anchors.

This worked for me

Better html anchor, a jquery script to slide the scrollbar

It uses jquery to scroll to an anchor on a page.

Note: You do not need to add the

line shown on the example page because jquery is already included by cs-cart.

Thanks Triplets, this is a nice solution for long pages.

Don't forget to put the javascript within a smarty literal tag.

Triplets, can you explain what it means to put the javascript within a smarty literal tag? I try to do as described in your post but I have no luck!

[quote name='minute' timestamp='1319020055' post='124039']

Triplets, can you explain what it means to put the javascript within a smarty literal tag? I try to do as described in your post but I have no luck!

[/quote]

Try this:

LINK ANCHOR

I am very surprised this has not been fixed. This is clearly a bug in CS-Cart. Using the link tool to generate links to on-page anchors creates incorrect links; it erroneously adds the site's url before the anchor, which directs them to the homepage rather than the on-page anchor.

I do not think it is wise to implement an overkill Javascript solution to do some extremely basic html behavior. Hopefully a member of the CS-Cart team can address this and identify a fix.

My html anchor seams to for fine. [url=“About - Jack Dempsey Needle Art”]About - Jack Dempsey Needle Art

This one is on a html block on the home page and takes you halfway down the about us page.