Larger image size popup window... Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:01 PM #1

Hello All!

I just found something interesting with the popup images and CS-CART. I placed an 1800 x 360 size image as the larger popup image for a smaller one, but when I pull it up in Internet Explorer I am unable to view the entire image. Ironically, when I click on the smaller image to view the larger image with Mozilla Firefox, I just hit the right arrow and it moves the photo over for me so I can see the whole thing (I tried this with IE and no luck). I am curious if I am able to adjust the size of the window which pops up to match exactly the size of the larger image file in a .tpl file setting somewhere (have looked but have had no luck finding anything relevant) or is there another way around this? Even more interesting is that I am unable to resize either IE's or Firefox's popup windows when they pop up with the larger image. Okay, as always, thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,
Travis
:grin:
cs-cart 1.3.5 sp2!!!! finally!!!!
;)

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:32 PM #2

Yeah that's a pain not being able to resize.

Edit your /skins/default_blue/admin/buttons/button_popup.tpl

FIND

resizable={$resizable|default:"no"}

and change to

resizable={$resizable|default:"yes"}

I only edited the admin side button_popup.tpl but it seems to work on customer images as well as invoices on admin side etc.

Hope this helps.
CS-Cart 1.3.4-SP3
PHP version 4.4.5

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:12 PM #3

You've got a few things going on here...

First, using an image that size can present problems for the end user. Why not chop it up into several smaller images?

Second, the CS simply scales that larger image into the image you see on the your product details page - via HTML (this means someone is loading the image at fullsize even if they don't click to view it in the popup.

Third, the differences in the browsers you're seeing probably has to do with how IE scales images automatically if they are too big for the window. If you hover over the image you should see an icon that allows you to maximize the image.

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:11 PM #4

I think there's more to this subject than just the size of a popup image. I've noticed that quite often, the page is wider than the screen, even if there isn't a good reason for this to happen. It frustrates me to no end that text is displayed wider than the screen and people have to scroll to the right to read what is said.

Can anything be done to restrain the width of a page, or even better, let all pages adjust size to fit the screen?
Mike Keeney
Mike@NVone.com

(800) 764-7469
(775) 857-3800

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Authorized CS-Cart Reseller • Web Hosting • Merchant Services
256 Bit SSL Certificates • Custom Computers • AT&T Mobility

Check out the CSCModClub website at
www.CSCModClub.com

1.3.5 SP3

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:20 PM #5

Hi Mike,

You can certainly make a page to be however wide you desire, but it really has to with what you put in that page. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that all included templates in CS are flexible layouts that scale to the full width of the broswer window. The only time you're going to see a horizontal scrollbar is if you are running a low resolution and have included large elements that can't scale in size (images, fixed size elements, etc.). The arguement of fixed vs. fluid is one that has been going on for years and simply put, there is no silver bullet for a dynamic site that perfectly always fills a window. There are just too many variables at play for this to happen. With CS default templates, it can only work with what you put into it. If you throw in a 1000px image, and you're running 800x600, you're going to see some scroll bars.

B

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:37 PM #6

Yep, I understand what you're saying. I'm saying that there are times when the layout should adjust to the screen but doesn't. Next time I run across it I'll do a screen cap and post it.
Mike Keeney
Mike@NVone.com

(800) 764-7469
(775) 857-3800

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Authorized CS-Cart Reseller • Web Hosting • Merchant Services
256 Bit SSL Certificates • Custom Computers • AT&T Mobility

Check out the CSCModClub website at
www.CSCModClub.com

1.3.5 SP3