Specifying Image Dimensions

Right, give it a try.

In my case gtmetrix - Remove query strings from static resources: went from f to b:82

Keep us informed about your case, please.

Alex

Umm Just remember that in 4.3, all the “internal caching” has changed significantly (specifically garbage collection was implemented). Not sure that suffix has anything to do with CDN.

My bet is that without this, you will not have garbage collection in the cs-cart cache which was implemented in V4.3.x I.e. there will be no way to compare the timestamp of the file with the cached version without it. You might either leave an old version stuck in an image cache or you might simply have the image un-cached. Not sure which.

Be interested to see if you were to leave the filename the same but changed the content whether the new one would be shown. But in either case, I think you are defeating some of the internal image caching now done in V4.3 for performance improvements.

Going backwards…

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1435780187' post='221277']

Umm Just remember that in 4.3, all the “internal caching” has changed significantly (specifically garbage collection was implemented). Not sure that suffix has anything to do with CDN.

My bet is that without this, you will not have garbage collection in the cs-cart cache which was implemented in V4.3.x I.e. there will be no way to compare the timestamp of the file with the cached version without it. You might either leave an old version stuck in an image cache or you might simply have the image un-cached. Not sure which.

Be interested to see if you were to leave the filename the same but changed the content whether the new one would be shown. But in either case, I think you are defeating some of the internal image caching now done in V4.3 for performance improvements.

Going backwards…

[/quote]

Thanks Tony, I was courious about that… I will leave it alone… Google will just have to deal with it…

Also seams to be going backwards by adding such suffix… Everyone knows Google no longer likes this…

Suggest you enter that into bugtracker. I.e. images should not have query strings or something to that effect.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1434551302' post='219186']

Try to open the design\themes\responsive\templates\common\image.tpl file and replace:

{$image_data.alt}

with

{$image_data.alt}

(!) Not tested

[/quote]

The original question was about specifying the image dimensions. This suggested change to image.tpl did not work for me in v4.3.2 - I got some very weird results on the product detail page, and no images on the product lists.

It would be nice if v4 specified image dimensions.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1435789704' post='221290']

The original question was about specifying the image dimensions. This suggested change to image.tpl did not work for me in v4.3.2 - I got some very weird results on the product detail page, and no images on the product lists.

It would be nice if v4 specified image dimensions.

[/quote]

Is has worked for us… V4.3.2 and V4.3.3… Image Dimensions are now present…

Here is CSC's response to the image dimensions issue. http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5892-lack-of-image-width-height-attributes/?gopid=22743#entry22743

For those that used ecom's code to add dimensions, did you notice ill effects that caHek desribes?

Try to open the design\themes\responsive\templates\common\image.tpl file and replace:

{$image_data.alt}
with

{$image_data.alt}
(!) Not tested

After some time of using this code modification. Just wanted to let others know It cannot be used if you wanting to have multiple images per product. Adding the modification disables the Owl Carousel from working within the category product list. Just cost us 20 credits... Yeah..

So, back to the drawing board..

Any further on this anyone?