SEO Page Title - Free Modification

@eCom Labs

Is this still relevant for V4.3.8 and above or is this something to implement only on previous versions of CS Cart ?

Otherwise doing this modification yourself will this not hamper future upgrades and or opting for specific SEO addons like the 4Sprung SEO Mega Tool ?

Yours truly,

Is this still relevant for V4.3.8 and above or is this something to implement only on previous versions of CS Cart ?

Otherwise doing this modification yourself will this not hamper future upgrades and or opting for specific SEO addons like the 4Sprung SEO Mega Tool ?

It should work on all 4.2.x, 4.3.x and 4.4.x versions

But please note if 3rd party addons use the index:title hook in this file, your changes will not be used. It will be required to correct 3rd party addons in this case

ecomlabs

I do not want the customer to see in title just google yandex etc. see it while browsing the site. Soo where should I place the code??

if i use index.tpl customer sees too. :(

Thanks for helping.

ecomlabs

I do not want the customer to see in title just google yandex etc. see it while browsing the site. Soo where should I place the code??

Thanks for helping.

Not sure if it is possible. May be another person will help you here

ecomlabs

Thanks for helping.

Sounds like you want to use a meta name.? If so, use the meta.tpl.

i have created folder
design/themes/cscart-boilerplate-master/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/
and added

title.override.tpl
with the following content:

{if $page_title && $controller != 'products' && $controller != 'categories'}
		{$page_title|escape:"html"}
{else}
	{foreach from=$breadcrumbs|array_reverse item=i name="bkt"}

{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.last} {if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.first} - {/if}{$i.title|strip_tags}{/if}

{/foreach}
{if !$skip_page_title && $location_data.title}{if $breadcrumbs|count > 1} - {/if}{$location_data.title}{/if}

{/if}

but i don't see any changes in the title.

Did i do something wrong?
My changes addon is enabled

oh, nevermind. just needed to clear cache