Security Vulnerability In Cs-Cart 4.x.x

you are correct can't create a new file. Can upload it to the server using the root username and password ok. Can you point me to instructions on how to change the ownership from root?

Identify the cpanel user and group names (usually the same). We'll assume 'cpuser ' as the name for the user and group.

Login to your server via SSH as root.

Perform the following commands:

# cd /home/cpuser/public_html
# chown -R cpuser:cpuser .
# chown cpuser:nobody .
# find . -type d | xargs chmod 755
# find . -type f | xargs chmod 644
# chmod 750 .

You should then be all set.

But as I said the same problem exists when I log in to cPanel and try there. Incidentally, I am using the same log in with my ftp client as I use to log in to cpanel.

My server is a dedicated server and I have several web sites on it each one being an account with their own specific log in and password. I have no problems with any other software only cs-cart...no problems with other shopping cart software, forum software etc...

Please tell me you're not actually using FTP. You should be using sftp or scp.

No I am not just using ftp

No I am not just using ftp

If you're using scp and you disable a shell account for the user account associated with the files that causes issues sometimes. I generally restrict ssh at my firewall to known ips, Then re-enable the appropriate shell account as needed using keys for authentication. Once I am done I disable the shell account.