Replace Options With Grouped & Child Items

Well to clarify they certainly should be individually submitted. We have to import a weekly stock spreadsheet (sql update) here on mass adjusting combination stock which is where this issue arises as the main product remains in stock still, causing the discrepancy.

My other site with options is OK as everything is generally in stock all the time unless we adjust the product to 'track without options' and set the inventory to 0.

----

EDIT

Even doing this does not mark it out of stock on the feed as that has to be done separately as a feature!

Not ideal..

We need this! Is a nightmare to do manually each product a change in Availability!

And... i'll say it again, the multichannel synchronizing with eBay and Amazon need to integrate with the way the "Product Packages" or "option Combinations work, as currently, having an option which is actually another product is an inventory tracking nightmare.

Dear Olof,

Thank you very much for such a detailed report.
Right now we are working on changing global options behavior, probably we will make the changes in Combinations too.

Did you get anywhere with this, any near future plans?

Did you get anywhere with this, any near future plans?

Sorry about late reply. Imac did respond via another thread(http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/40692-options-improvements-please-vote-for-it/page-3

but so far CSC has not developed this feature. Grrrrr...

My gut feeling tells me its probably a major, major architecture change under the hood. And hence this project is being pushed down the priority list as other matters pop up. I doubt that CSC will make this change in the next 12 months as there as been no progress on this for the past 18 months.

sigh...

ANd here we are almost 2 years later and still this is lacking. I have been a BIG proponent of CS-Cart since they first arrived on the scene until recently. Why CSC is reluctant to catch up with other platforms I could only guess. Missing items that I can find in other carts available today - allow customer to ship to multiple addresses from one order (Amazon does this), sales tracking/reporting of product options/variants (Amazon, Shopify, BigCommerce), POS that sync's with the online platform (For the past 20 years this has been one of the biggest requests!), Shopify has it's own, BigCommerce uses Square and I think a 3rd party has developed an addon for CSC so that Square POS will sync with the online platform sales and inventory, lastly, better financial tools. Being able to see items like CC processing fees, PayPal fees, etc are critical to understanding your numbers.

I brought 2 of these items to CS-Carts attention as Feedback and was met with support tickets asking me what I needed. Really? A little out of touch. These should be part of the core not custom additions. Sorry, guys you've left me without much choice except to recommend other platforms for my clients.

As a suggestion to IMAC:

Why not to use similar structure as used in import file for Amazon

In parent product you will need to fill only:

Category, Name, SKU (this will be used to group the products), parent_child = Principal, variation_theme (Color, Size, etc)

And in the child products you will have to fill all standard fields plus:

parent_child = Child, relationship_type = variation, parent_sku (the one mentioned before), variation_theme (Color, Size, etc)

To all who are following this thread:

1. IMAC has posted an update to this topic in another thread:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/39500-431-options-and-combinations-details-please/page-2#entry273021

(Imac´s entry on Feb 17, 2017)

2. IMAC has also updated the relevant UserVoice item from ´planned´ to ´started´.

https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/7237046-structure-product-options-like-ebay-amazon-and-go

Sounds good, heh?

Well, not so fast...

I really hope I´m wrong and Imac will correct me, but based on his above-mentioned post, I´m not at all confident that CSC is developing the solution as requested in UserVoice and which many of us voted for.

Follow the discussion in the other thread

Olof

To all who are following this thread:

1. IMAC has posted an update to this topic in another thread:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/39500-431-options-and-combinations-details-please/page-2#entry273021

(Imac´s entry on Feb 17, 2017)

2. IMAC has also updated the relevant UserVoice item from ´planned´ to ´started´.

https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/7237046-structure-product-options-like-ebay-amazon-and-go

Sounds good, heh?

Well, not so fast...

I really hope I´m wrong and Imac will correct me, but based on his above-mentioned post, I´m not at all confident that CSC is developing the solution as requested in UserVoice and which many of us voted for.

Follow the discussion in the other thread

Olof

Well I do have an addon that allows you to have different URL's for every option, it also gives you the ability to define the GTIN per option, if you need it PM me.