Problem with the SEO addon

just for everyones info :

this is part of the html googlebot sees

what i wanted to point out was the errors right after the header …

i dont know if this is the cause … but maybe it will point someone

in the right direction …

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

```php

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 22:58:55 GMT

Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.11

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11

Expires: -1

Last-Modified: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 22:58:55 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Set-Cookie: page_unload=N

Content-Length: 7301

Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100

Connection: Keep-Alive

Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/xxxxx/public_html/core/fn.catalog.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/core/fn.catalog.php:39) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/core/fn.control.php on line 445

Page Not Found ```

from the array_merge errors that googlebot sees i kinda wonder

if this is related to the cookie problem we all had going to 2.0.9 and 2.0.10

the one where after we installed we could not see anything and the categories was missing with the array merge error at the top until we logged in as a customer and back out …

i wonder if this is related ?

I have a solution - until CS-Cart can repair it properly, this worked for me.

In core/fn.init.php find the following lines and add the red portion:

} elseif (empty($http_ua) || preg_match('/(' . implode('|', $crawlers) . ')/', $http_ua, $m)) {
$ua = 'crawler';
if (!empty($m)) {
fn_define('CRAWLER', $m[1]);
}
[COLOR="Red"]// [/COLOR]fn_define('NO_SESSION', true); // do not start session for crawler
} else {
$ua = 'unknown';
}

fn_define('USER_AGENT', $ua);

After doing this, the site loaded in browsers without incident and googlebot tests came up clean.

Thanks to teksigns for posting the headers - I totally overlooked the php error.

The second argument that fails in fn.catalog.php is a non-existing array of usergroup ids. My guess is that without a session_id, it would be a little bit difficult to figure out what groups a visitor is in or not - should probably default to showing all or something but hopefully a real fix will be introduced soon.

All I know is - I’m willing to sacrifice session creation overhead if it means the bots will crawl my site.

UPDATE

If anyone else was having a difficult time uploading googlebase feeds (or any other datafeeds that use a bot or crawler for confirmation) this fix (and problem) is related - you may want to review your active product listings and make sure that they are still accurate and published.

[quote name=‘jagorny’]I have a solution - until CS-Cart can repair it properly, this worked for me.

In core/fn.init.php find the following lines and add the red portion:

} elseif (empty($http_ua) || preg_match('/(' . implode('|', $crawlers) . ')/', $http_ua, $m)) {
$ua = 'crawler';
if (!empty($m)) {
fn_define('CRAWLER', $m[1]);
}
[COLOR="Red"]// [/COLOR]fn_define('NO_SESSION', true); // do not start session for crawler
} else {
$ua = 'unknown';
}

fn_define('USER_AGENT', $ua);

After doing this, the site loaded in browsers without incident and googlebot tests came up clean.

Thanks to teksigns for posting the headers - I totally overlooked the php error.

The second argument that fails in fn.catalog.php is a non-existing array of usergroup ids. My guess is that without a session_id, it would be a little bit difficult to figure out what groups a visitor is in or not - should probably default to showing all or something but hopefully a real fix will be introduced soon.

All I know is - I’m willing to sacrifice session creation overhead if it means the bots will crawl my site.

UPDATE

If anyone else was having a difficult time uploading googlebase feeds (or any other datafeeds that use a bot or crawler for confirmation) this fix (and problem) is related - you may want to review your active product listings and make sure that they are still accurate and published.[/QUOTE]

thank you … i will apply to mine asap !

hey man goto this site and put one of your products in …

[url]http://www.smart-it-consulting.com/i...ofer/index.htm[/url]

do you get 404 errors everwhere the little arrows are supposed to be

[QUOTE]I ran the URL fetching tool at google… the home site page is the ONLY page that comes up as okay - every other page comes up with the CS-Cart 404 using the SEO addon. This is entirely unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, I just tested & receive the same exact results.

Applied Jagorny’s fix & pages immediately crawled without error.

Thanks Jagorny!

CS-Cart absolutely needs to quit breaking the seo after each upgrade as this simply cannot continue to happen! It doesnt matter if you have the best looking site on the planet with every feature available if it cannot be fully indexed by the search engines!!:mad:

I just tested Jagorny’s fix with the google webmaster tool’s Fetch as Googlebot and I am still seeing an error.

Does this fix take time?

I used the other link that was provided above and the page came up, but there were no images.

The “fix” seems pretty simple so I don’t think I screwed anything up. Am I missing something here or do I just need to wait a while?

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I used the other link that was provided above and the page came up, but there were no images.

The “fix” seems pretty simple so I don’t think I screwed anything up. Am I missing something here or do I just need to wait a while?

Brandon[/QUOTE]

i have the same problem. Site looks fine with the link provided but for some reason images dont. none of the product images work.

CS CART TEAM FIND A SOLUTION ASAP PLEASE!!!

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I just tested Jagorny’s fix with the google webmaster tool’s Fetch as Googlebot and I am still seeing an error.

Does this fix take time?

I used the other link that was provided above and the page came up, but there were no images.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Check your robots.txt - if it is like mine you have blocked all robots on certain directories (including the images directory) and this may be why you see no images (or certain skin images) as a robot but the pages and the content are the main thing.

In terms of does the fix take time - yes it does in some cases.

I submitted 629 products to google base - all were disapproved with no errors. After the fix 618 are approved (with 11 disapproved for good reasons - zero inventory showing presently) - this change was immediate and welcome.

For the sitemap, I did not get an error with the google labs testing agent, and the sitemap itself has been resubmitted. It will not be ‘fixed’ until they recrawl all of the sites linked to me, and my own site as well. I am encouraged by the statistics which show that many more pages of mine are being crawled now - and also that the amount of data being downloaded by robots has increased to pre 2.0.9 levels. Content is being loaded, and not stopping with a 404.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Confirmed, I just tested & receive the same exact results.

CS-Cart absolutely needs to quit breaking the seo after each upgrade as this simply cannot continue to happen! It doesnt matter if you have the best looking site on the planet with every feature available if it cannot be fully indexed by the search engines!!:mad:[/QUOTE]

I agree, although changing the membership tracking system from a 1-to-1 to a 1-to-many relationship for users (which happened in 2.0.9) is a big change with a lot of little ramifications. SEO is not the only thing that was affected. It’s one of those humbling conversions that says ‘we screwed up when we designed the database and we’re making it right now before moving ahead.’

Ok, well all is better now. The google bot thing works as well as my sitemap and google base.

Now if only CS-Cart will issue an official fix we’ll be all set.

Thank you Jagorny for your quick fix,

Brandon

To all,

A more precise solution has been posted to the thread in the bug tracker. You can revert my change and use the change posted by imac.

My fix forced the site to treat a googlebot visit as if it was a regular customer.

Imac’s fix creates just enough user overhead to allow prices and other usergroup controlled page data to display without php errors. In terms of performance, his fix costs less resources.

Imac’s fix worked for me I think. At least so far so good.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Imac’s fix worked for me I think. At least so far so good.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it worked for me too but going to keep my eye on this one.

[quote name=‘jagorny’]To all,

A more precise solution has been posted to the thread in the bug tracker. You can revert my change and use the change posted by imac.

My fix forced the site to treat a googlebot visit as if it was a regular customer.

Imac’s fix creates just enough user overhead to allow prices and other usergroup controlled page data to display without php errors. In terms of performance, his fix costs less resources.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your original fix, it worked fine and definitely provided damage limitation. Well done. :smiley:

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]i have the same problem. Site looks fine with the link provided but for some reason images dont. none of the product images work.

CS CART TEAM FIND A SOLUTION ASAP PLEASE!!![/QUOTE]

Are you speaking about 404 instead of image?

Have you read this

[QUOTE]Viewing the result in your Web browser, client-sided rendering (for example execution of JavaScript) isn’t omitted, but links/images won’t show/work if their URL is relative to your root directory (relative links are evil from a SEO’s POV, your content management system (CMS) should provide absolute URIs). If you see red 404 images on the result page, don’t worry. They indicate relative image URIs which may work on the original page. Also, relative CSS URIs and alike screw the layout. Make your pages spider-safe and get your scripts to prefix relative URIs with scheme and server, then try it again.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.smart-it-consulting.com/internet/google/googlebot-spoofer/index.htm[/url]

now it works. sorry. had to clean the cace and the compiled folder.

Ignore my old message.

Hello,

My ver is 2.1.4.

I know this problem is solve already,

But my situation is same with this topic.

I get in a bind.

Google webmaster tool tells me,

“Page Not Found” all the times.

Even my site is there and OK.

At >Administrator>Statistics>Robot path

all URLs are now “Page Not Found”.

with most of Crawler robots.

Few URL has a

function.array-merge

error. But I don’t have idea of this message.

I was researching about this problem long time.

But I can not find solution yet.

And watched this situation

almost 2 months. But nothing is change.

( I thought this is google problem )

Now I wonder SEO Addon is related this problem or not.

Because this problem start after I use SEO addon.

But I am not sure.

If this problem is not solve.

I need to change my domain and server,

Before starting Google Adwords advertisement.

Because after staring Adwords, it will be hard job

to change domain name.

Do you have information about this problem?

Even small hint is appreciated.

Please give me idea to solve this problem.

I hope it will be OK soon.

P.S

I asked same question to Cs-cart HelpDesk

and Google HelpDesk in Japan too.

And waiting answer now.

Sincerely Yours,

samurai

Hopefully, the fix is included in the next version. I’m glad I don’t update the site every time CS-Cart throws out the latest version. This can kill a medium size business if not solved quickly.

[quote name=‘samurai’]Hello,

My ver is 2.1.4.

I know this problem is solve already,

But my situation is same with this topic.

I get in a bind.

Google webmaster tool tells me,

“Page Not Found” all the times.

Even my site is there and OK.

At >Administrator>Statistics>Robot path

all URLs are now “Page Not Found”.

with most of Crawler robots.

Few URL has a

function.array-merge

error. But I don’t have idea of this message.

I was researching about this problem long time.

But I can not find solution yet.

And watched this situation

almost 2 months. But nothing is change.

( I thought this is google problem )

Now I wonder SEO Addon is related this problem or not.

Because this problem start after I use SEO addon.

But I am not sure.

If this problem is not solve.

I need to change my domain and server,

Before starting Google Adwords advertisement.

Because after staring Adwords, it will be hard job

to change domain name.

Do you have information about this problem?

Even small hint is appreciated.

Please give me idea to solve this problem.

I hope it will be OK soon.

P.S

I asked same question to Cs-cart HelpDesk

and Google HelpDesk in Japan too.

And waiting answer now.

Sincerely Yours,

samurai[/QUOTE]

Dear samurai,

can you inform us here as soon as possible, because i have the same version and i will release and of this week one shop. But when here is a important failure what is bad for seo than CS-Cart first must solve it.

Dear KBM and Triplex,

We don’t know yet what is the reason of this problem.

The cause still remains unknown.

When I find some solution and answer

I will let you know.

samurai

Hello Samurai,

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

There is no such a problem in the latest CS-Cart installation. This problem was fixed in previous CS-Cart versions and the fix has already been included in the latest release. Most of our clients confirmed that the problem existed before, but now it is fixed.

It seems that the problem in your cart occurred because of a server issue or modifications in your cart. However, we received your message via Help Desk and our engineers will investigate the issue at the first opportunity.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team