Php 7 Set For Release In November. Will Cs-Cart Support It?

4.3.6 should support PHP7

Hello imac. PHP7 has been released while ago.

Any ETA of 4.3.6?

I believe they had mentioned Feb.

Guys we are forcing on all sides; ) Iā€™m loosing focus :stuck_out_tongue:

CSC 4.3.6 should support PHP7 and ETA is February. I would not be surprised if 4.3.7 will have additional fixes related to PHP7.

As I read the PHP 7 changes, the primary impact to code from what I've seen over the years will be old classes that still use PHP 4 constructors. These will generate E_DEPRECATED errors when found. Almost all other changes that impact application code (not writing of PHP extensions) are related to edge/corner cases of functionality that was vaguely defined. But hopefully they will address some of the other PHP related issues in the product such as the use of Phar for *.tgz files and things like trapping fileinfo class not being present.

We will have to re-release our addons to be PHP 7 compliant too. I'm surprised that they are doing this as a minor point release given that many addons will need to change to work properly with PHP 7. So my vote would be to make it a 4.4.1 release instead.

We will have to re-release our addons to be PHP 7 compliant too. I'm surprised that they are doing this as a minor point release given that many addons will need to change to work properly with PHP 7. So my vote would be to make it a 4.4.1 release instead.

A second point release would likely get a lot of extra features added to it as well.

A second point release would likely get a lot of extra features added to it as well.

If it's going to break an addon that is valid for 4.3.5 by going to 4.3.6 (even though it may not be the cs-cart code but instead enabling it to happen), then it sure shouldn't be a minor-point release. Are they going to start adding the PHP version that an addon is compatible with in the marketplace version compatibility feature?

We'll do the work and because we auto-update our addons, we will probably skirt the issue. But for those developers that don't, when their customers upgrade to PHP 7, they might be in for a surprise that might be subtle to catch (especially if they ignore depreciation errors).

Can't stop progress, but it will surface in many arcane ways because it will be hidden within PHP but most merchants will see it as a cart failure.

And how about boostrap 3?

Probably in 4.3.6. Boilerplate will be additional built-in theme.

CSC 4.3.6 should support PHP7 and ETA is February. I would not be surprised if 4.3.7 will have additional fixes related to PHP7.

Coming soon 8)

I am not sure the rush to implement PHP7 in 4.x. Most hosting companies are not going to jump on the PHP7 bandwagon. I would say your host won't add PHP 7 to their servers for 6 months to a year after it is released. By then we should be on Cscart 5.

David

PHP is fully supported almost everywhere already.

if your hosting provider doesn't support it, you should consider better options. 8)

Yes it is available. But I would definitely not say fully supported. The recommended version on most hosts is still 5.6. This is to ensure backward compatibility with all scripts on their server.

Not one of my clients servers are using php7 yet.

All I am saying is cscart should focus on fixing more important ecommerce features in 4.x and wait to 5.x to get php7 implemented correctly.

Yes it is available. But I would definitely not say fully supported. The recommended version on most hosts is still 5.6. This is to ensure backward compatibility with all scripts on their server.

Not one of my clients servers are using php7 yet.

All I am saying is cscart should focus on fixing more important ecommerce features in 4.x and wait to 5.x to get php7 implemented correctly.

Agree. I work with many hosts and manage quite some website and have yet to see the first host that implements php7.

Even for security reasons, now is very convenient update to PHP7, plus is very fast.
fortunately 4.3.6 will support it, that's confirmed:

Here is the latest article on how to install CS-Cart on a server with Nginx. http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/install/nginx.html
v4.3.5 is not yet officially compatible with PHP 7. v4.3.6 will be.

CSCart in Nginx, Redis, PHP7, http2 will be super fast , well, is already with 5.6, but with 7.. wow! 8)

Note that changes to support PHP 7 are rather minimal.

The only reason for the discussion of whether a hosting company will roll it out or not is for shared servers (which I would not recommend). Any VPS or cloud based deployment should easily be configured for PHP 7.

Just kicking this thread: is it know if CS Cart V4.2 will run on PHP 7 or not ?

I am considering upgrading our dedicated CS Cart server to PHP 7 and we run two 4.3.8 on them and one 4.2.4

Probably not without a lot of warnings and possibly some errors. Things like class constructors and use of the split() function need to be changed.

But check with your hosting, you might be able to either use easyApache or a PHP switcher to have different versions of PHP running on different sites. I use a switcher in my development environments to check against different versions.

Just kicking this thread: is it know if CS Cart V4.2 will run on PHP 7 or not ?

I am considering upgrading our dedicated CS Cart server to PHP 7 and we run two 4.3.8 on them and one 4.2.4

CS-Cart 4.2.x doesn't support PHP 7.0.x.

What is the perfect configuration to get super fast and stable cs-cart store, i have dedicated server with:

CentOS7

cPanel 58

EasyApache 4

PHP7

CS-CART v4.3.9

What i have to install? Nginx, Redis, http2 ,opcache, apcu ?

Regards,

Ahmed