Order Notification not being sent

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1317750428' post='122911'] Hi, I had the opposite for months. All order notifications go out EXCEPT for PayPal Express orders. (Paypal standard is ok). CS-Cart tried to find out for a month why this happens and could not. They even added code to my site to capture what was happening. I even changed hosts and still problem exists. I just live with no order confirmation for PayPal express orders. The only way I know I have an order is the email from PayPal and the supplier notification to myself. The customer does not get a cs-cart invoice either. Hope you can find an answer to your problem…may help me! I will be putting in a ticket again after upgrading my cart from 2.1.3. Bob [/quote]

Hey Bob,

I've the same problem as you (remember that I posted in your ticket back then). Sadly cs-cart refuse to acknowledge that there is an issue. So far, I too, depend on supplier notification (to my Evernote) and Paypal email to know that there is a paid order. Anyway, as I was doing upgrading to v2.2.4 last week, came across this thread, and was looking through the bug tracker to see what important bugs are there in v2.2.4. Came across this ticket, http://forum.cs-cart…0319#entry10319

Tried the solution TheLondoner posted, and for the past week, ALL my orders, including Paypal Express orders have order notification being sent out.

Give the solution TheLondoner posted in that ticket a try, and let me know if it works for you too. Hope that helps.

Nodame,

Thank you for posting this. I tried changing the code in fn.common.php and get error messages. I had to put back the original. I usually have problems when I change this file. I get this message in the header of the admin and customer side.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/myname/public_html/core/fn.common.php:1) in /home/myname/public_html/core/class.session.php on line 256

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myname/public_html/core/fn.common.php:1) in /home/myname/public_html/core/fn.init.php on line 401

I did clear the caches (Not browser cache).

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1329760827' post='131659'] Nodame, Thank you for posting this. I tried changing the code in fn.common.php and get error messages. I had to put back the original. I usually have problems when I change this file. I get this message in the header of the admin and customer side. Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/myname/public_html/core/fn.common.php:1) in /home/myname/public_html/core/class.session.php on line 256 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myname/public_html/core/fn.common.php:1) in /home/myname/public_html/core/fn.init.php on line 401 I did clear the caches (Not browser cache). Bob [/quote]

Hi Bob,

Normally, headers already sent - this means you have ouput something to the page with echo or print etc.

PHP will not output any whitespace in between php tags, However, for anything outside php tags, (eg: html) whitespaces, linebreaks are sent as HTTP Content. Sometimes this your editor may add whitespace also.

To prevent whitespace from being sent before you send all your headers, make sure the

I've attached a copy of the original version 2.1.3 pro fn_common.php file, with line 3115 commented off, and added line 3116 as per TheLondoner's solution.

If you did not modify your fn_common.php file before, you can use this.

Else you can send me your fn_common.php file, and I can help you modify and you can try again. Modifying fn_common.php file do not need to clear cache.

fn.common.php

Thanks again,

I replaced my file with your file and will see what happens. I don't normally edit any of my files, I let CS-Cart support do that.

Bob

No prob, there should not be any more errors like you had.

Hope the fix works for you! ^^ I will continue to monitor to see too~