Official Bug Fixing Timeframes

My ticket has been in 10 business days and still not fixed.

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1413182080' post='193981'] My ticket has been in 10 business days and still not fixed. [/quote]

Could you clarify what ticket you mean? It would be great if you give us the link to it.

[quote name='caHek' timestamp='1413198615' post='194012']

Could you clarify what ticket you mean? It would be great if you give us the link to it.

[/quote]

My account -

Opened ticket on Sept 25th. They said they did something to fix the issue but still having it. Unable to import orders from eBay that have sold. Have had eBay addon since April or so, and its still fairly useless at this point with no updates.

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1413229118' post='194061']

https://www.cs-cart…et_id=100428079

Opened ticket on Sept 25th. They said they did something to fix the issue but still having it. Unable to import orders from eBay that have sold. Have had eBay addon since April or so, and its still fairly useless at this point with no updates.

[/quote]

Thank you for the provided information.

Please let me explain.

At the moment the official time frame for fixing bugs is 45 days. Please view the Official Bug Fixing Timeframes - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums message.

Unfortunately, for some reasons, we cannot always get down to fix issues straight after we receive them.

At the moment we are working on resolving your issue and will inform you when the issue is resolved.

Well, considering it was reported around 5 months ago originally, I would say its well past the 45 day time frame =)

Heres a message from April, in a thread an admin was posting in that someone even stated it did not work then:

Please let me explain.

Unfortunately, we cannot always follow all messages on the forum and respond on-the-spot to the issues described. That is why, we strongly insist on posting found issues to the bug tracker.

The time frames of fixing bugs defined in this message: Official Bug Fixing Timeframes - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums relate to bugs posted in the bug tracker or via our support service. After we confirm the bug, we must fix it within 45 days.

At the moment your bug is being worked on and we will inform you as soon as your issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Also I would like to inform you that we processed the messages that we have received in the bug tracker lately and that were waiting for our response.

For now, there are some old messages without response, for example, some messages in which some one is not satisfied with the taken decision. We will also process them in the nearest future.

If your message was unnoticed or left without any response, please inform us about this. In our turn we will do our best in order to avoid this situation in future.

Again we apologize for any possible inconvenience.

Ahh. I received a response saying they edited the file as a “workaround”, which basically did nothing. I try to import from eBay, and it tells me I need to select a store, even though I don't have the multistore version, and there is not a place to even select a store before I try to import. I hope it gets fixed soon, as the biggest holiday shopping season of the year is starting.

There are far too many reported problems where feedback has been provided or responses to closed bugs that have gone un-resolved.

That's why you need to be using a real defect tracking system and not a forum. In your current system, the last post of ANY closed defect should be from cs-cart, not the submitter or another user.

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1413398927' post='194284']

Ahh. I received a response saying they edited the file as a “workaround”, which basically did nothing. I try to import from eBay, and it tells me I need to select a store, even though I don't have the multistore version, and there is not a place to even select a store before I try to import. I hope it gets fixed soon, as the biggest holiday shopping season of the year is starting.

[/quote]

parodius420,

your issue is int the tasks list and it has high priority.

I personally control it, the fix will be ready this week.

Is it true that 4.3 release is due, while 4.2 has barely received bug releases?

In your post above you mention that you can not keep up with incoming bugs and need time to resolve. Stability of CS-Cart is much more valuable than new features. I would love to see 4.2.10 be released in time to provide product stability.

Same message being conveyed over and over by customers… Actions speak louder than words as it relates to product for existing customers.

I really have to agree to the things that the guys here mentioned (especially tbirnseth, P-Pharma, …). Things should be really improved on CS Cart side in the future to stay competitive in comparison to other solutions. I mentioned it already in a ticket buy I think its also here at the right place:

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]By the way… regarding complex mechanism when doing checkout/placing an order… It’s a mess to understand the code which is written for placing the order/checkout. I hope your guys will review and clean it when you realize the point “Checkout improvements: Ability to hide Shipping or Payment steps” on your roadmap. I hope in general that cleaning/standardising the code is also on your agenda and not only adding “fancy” new features. Otherwise I dont see how CS Cart will survive the next 10 years. Or do you plan to create a new version from the beginning on a proper code base? Because its not SAP - they have the same issue but another role on the market[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

And this spagetthi-code-problem also affects other areas. Please keep also an eye on that - I can’t create tickets for such things ;-)

Now I see that also the processes and dealing with fixes need to be improved. Often I’m providing code fixes when reporting an issue. And some issues only affect addon developers or special scenarios. And I really hope that you dont forget bugs that are confirmed by zero people. Because never forget: when customers are you unhappy with a service most just walks away or find a way to work around (and are pissed). Not much people give you qualified feedback (or even code fixes). Until now I got good feedback on my fixes but I’m not sure if they will every get into your releases when I read this page. ;-) So please… start improving your processes here.

Don’t you use an internal bug tracker that you could set public for your customers (where you developers have access to)? It doesnt make sense to maintain two systems here, isnt it?

I also mostly agree with the following:

[quote]Don’t like the ‘voting’ aspect. This is not a popularity of defect issue. Just like user voice is pretty much useless, voting is not the point. [/quote]

User voice is not totally useless but… often only qualified people understand why things are important. So you cant use user voice on specialized requests because they will never get attention by the mass. Doesnt matter how clever or future relevant it is (or if it helps you in the end to attract new customers). Most people (=your customers) just see what directly lies in front of them and what they THINK (now know) what they need.

[quote]There are far too many reported problems where feedback has been provided or responses to closed bugs that have gone un-resolved.[/quote]

Definitly a no-go. Hope you will fix your process here.

I like that customer get usually feedback for their requests. But we also really need professional actions not just words. I believe that you are willed to do so (and had some good experiences when created tickets that are answered by cahek). I hope this will continue and you start changing things like other customers/addon developers with more CS Cart experience ask you for.

Have you considered to start using Mantis as a bug tracker? It doesn't look great, but it works. There are other good ones.

Look at this change log: https://www.mantisbt…ngelog_page.php

Bug entry: https://www.mantisbt…ew.php?id=19501

You are currently using IP.Tracker. This is an outdated addon to old forum software IP.Board 3. Sooner or later it will be needed to change forum software anyway.

But notice the intereaction between the provider and consumer. I.e. it's an interaction.

A bug tracker doesn' t have to be pretty, but it certainly needs to be functional and interactive.

In addition to using a real bug tracking system, csc needs to develop policies to involve the submitter in the fix/testing. I think this is a cultural issue within csc and if it were opened up a bit it would add to the level of trust/confidence, not take away from it.

Every submit a bug to the Mozilla team for firefox? Nothing happens without everyone being aware of what's happening. Sometimes it's a lot of noise (like notification of someone being added to the watch list) but far better to be too communicative than not.

I have reported an issue that causes data loss, database corruption, thousands of dead links and basically blocks us from using CS-Cart at all. As we encounter this issue in the middle of a migration to CS-Cart, we now are offline until this is fixed.

This is classed as a minor issue in the helpdesk and not given any severity in the bug tracker: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5812-cs-cart-keeps-changing-unique-urls/

As this showstopper is classed as a minor issue, it is given a bug fixing time frame of 45 days.

You don't class severity by how easily the software vendor can reproduce or fix the issue. You class it by the degree of inconvenience for your customers.