New Product designer HTML 5 +JS. Who is interested?

[quote name='fwaTony' timestamp='1382138962' post='169992']

Hi Alt Team, we use the current product designer, and are very interested in donating for this one, how easy will it be to change over when this one is released? Will you be able to use the settings from our current product designer?

& also when are the doors closing on donations?

Regards,

Tony

[/quote]

Hello Tony!

As we already said before, the new Product designer will be a separate product, not connected to the Flash one anywise. Thus, to use a new Product designer instead of Flash, you will have to configure all products and settings again.

We think to accept donations till the end of the development but the donation amount may increase when the product is half-ready.

We will kindly ask everyone who is ready to donate not to delay it, because if we see that donations are not enough to start the development, we will have to postpone the project. We really hope to start the development as soon as possible with your help!

[quote name='mainstreethost' timestamp='1382299592' post='170041'] We purchased the Product Designer for a client about 9 months ago, their site is still in development and has never seen production, would it be possible to upgrade to the HTML5 one for free or if not at a discounted rate, as we have not used it in production yet? [/quote]

Hello mainstreethost!

I'm afraid not. We can refund money for our products within 30 days from the moment of purchase. 9 months is a long term, you know. As a new Product designer HTML5, JS is a separate product, it will require a separate license, unfortunately we cannot make any exclusions here. Anyway, your client can use a Flash product designer for a life-time or sell it to someone according to our policy.

Again, I would like to highlight, after the release of a new Product designer we will still support our Flash designer.

Flash Product designer will be, as always, affordable in price but still Flash, thus no mobile support can be expected. HTML5, JS Product designer will cost more but it will be a contemporary product, with modern interface and iPhone, iPad, Android compatibility. It will be always up to you to make a choice.

Best regards, Alt-team

One question I would like to raise before the dev of this gets underway or too far.

At the moment in the current designer each product is set as its own customisable product, so if I wanted to have the normal standard product layout for sale on its own page that customers can buy without customisation if they wish as std cs cart behaviour, but then a button that says “design now” and the designer will open with that products pre set design options.

At the moment we eed 2 products to do it this way which isnt good for seo

see the images (excuse the artistic writing lol)

[attachment=7317:design.PNG][attachment=7318:design 2.PNG]

design 2.PNG

design.PNG

Hello John!

As far as I understand you would like customers to be able to buy the same product with or without any design. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I will discuss it with developers and if it is technically no problem, it will be done this way.

Best regards, Alt-team

Alt-team,

Let me add my voice to John's. Please allow products to be sold plain, as well as personalized.

If this is not possible, please let me know so I can rescind my donations. I had no idea this wasn't a feature of the software.

thank you,

Don

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1382941008' post='170464']

Hello John!

As far as I understand you would like customers to be able to buy the same product with or without any design. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I will discuss it with developers and if it is technically no problem, it will be done this way.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

Yes that right, but at the moment 2 templates are needed to acheive this. It would be better if 1 template could be used

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1382983729' post='170496']

Yes that right, but at the moment 2 templates are needed to acheive this. It would be better if 1 template could be used

[/quote]

Hello John and Don!

The new Product designer will allow customers to buy the same product with or without the design. The leading developer has confirmed that. So, it will not be necessary to create separate products like now with a Flash designer.

Best regards, Alt-team

any news yet guys, is it in progress?

Thanks

John

Hello John and everyone!

First of all we would like to say thank you to everyone who has donated into the Product designer project. Thank you a lot for your involvement!

Secondly, we have some good news. Today we start the development of a new Product designer HTML5, JS!

The donation amount we have already collected is enough for the start but, unfortunately, doesn't cover the whole development cost. That is why we really hope that more people will be involved in the project soon. It will help us to complete the project without any delays.

Everyone who is interested, please, read about donations and can donate on this page http://www.alt-team…r-donation.html

Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team

The only thing I see missing is arched text. I hope it will be added at sometime.

[quote name='arnoldsinko' timestamp='1386799947' post='173356']

The only thing I see missing is arched text. I hope it will be added at sometime.

[/quote]

Hello arnoldsinko!

Yes, it will be definitely added but not in the first version.

We are currently busy with the development, it is really lots of work to be done but we hope to complete the project on time.

Best regards, Alt-team

Good morning. Just wanted to see if we could get a progress report on new product designer?

Thanks,

Jason

Hello Jason and everybody!

It's definitely high time to give a progress report.

For the present moment we have almost completed the development of the admin part of our HTML5, JS Product designer application. So, the biggest and the most complex part of the project is almost ready.

Actually, we have spent more time than planned on the development of the core (kernel) of the application. But that's because we are very serious about this product and the core is the fundamental basis, we've tried to think it thoroughly to avoid possible issues with customizations or integrations in the future.

We will start working on the visual part (customer side) in one - two weeks. As soon as the customer side is ready, we will test the complete application ourself and will kindly ask you to test it as well (potential users are the best testers, you know).

Please, notice, there are some changes in our plan regarding the official release of the application.

The Product designer version for testing will be available in the end of March. We will gather all your feedback and make possible improvements.

The official release of the HTML5, JS Product designer with the integration into CS-Cart/Magento will be in the end of April.

We apologize that we had to make a month's shift of the release date (initially we promised an official release in March). We really try to do our best to deliver a functional product.

And again thank you to everybody who has contributed in this project!

If you have any questions, please ask.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hi is there any update on this please?

I'm sure everyone else is keen to get some news.

Thanks

Tony

Hello Tony and everyone!

Next week we will show you the application in action. It will not be a beta testing yet, some functionality will be disabled. But you will see all main features and the general look and feel.

We plan to provide you with a version for testing in two-three weeks. Some errors still need to be fixed and some connections tested properly by us before the beta version launch.

The official release of a ready application is still planned in the end of April. We try to do our best to meet this deadline.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1395921560' post='180250']

Hello Tony and everyone!

Next week we will show you the application in action. It will not be a beta testing yet, some functionality will be disabled. But you will see all main features and the general look and feel.

We plan to provide you with a version for testing in two-three weeks. Some errors still need to be fixed and some connections tested properly by us before the beta version launch.

The official release of a ready application is still planned in the end of April. We try to do our best to meet this deadline.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

Thanks for the update, I'm very keen to see the finished result as I'm sure everybody else is. This will make a huge difference to my mobile sales…

Regards,

Tony

Hello,

I have cs-cart 1.3.5

This tool will work on my version?

Goor morning. Just wanted to see if there was an update and when we see something released?

Thanks,

Jason

Hello guys and girls,

Today we have unlocked some part of the Product designer functionality for you to have a look at. It is only a backend part, where you can create some initial design (predesign). We have enabled the functionality that allows you to add cliparts and images. Text functionality is unfortunately disabled because of some issues.

There are two tabs: model and design.

On the model tab you can set the model configuration data, such as real size (in or mm depends on configuration), model dpi (a measure of printing), name, model cover image, canvas size and position.

On the design tab you can add some predesign, and see the preview (clipart, layers, preview, zoom features are available).

Please, see: http://klaus.dev.alt…ublic/app/admin

There can be some minor issues in different browser versions, they all will be eliminated. Also the iPhone and iPad management is not completely ready, that's why please try the link in desktop browsers.

Dear friends, we have to reconsider our timescales again. We apologize for that but the project is not an easy one at all. In the end of April we plan to provide you with a beta version for testing (Product designer application integrated into CS-Cart). The release is shifted to May.

We will be glad to answer all your questions.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1396875599' post='181154']

The release is shifted to May.

[/quote]

This is disappointing to hear as this is at least the third release date move. Please try and move it to the end of this month again!

Regards,

Tony

is there any further update with this yet, I'm just one of many that has paid for this in good faith but are yet to see anything other that the release date that is being pushed back. I understand that you want this to be released with no or very little bugs but an accurate time scale would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Tony