Is a multi-domain ssl required for Ultimate

Update… On cPanel hosts, the file to edit is:

/var/cpanel/userdata//

I.e. where would be slavestore and would be slavestore.com

You would replace the

documentroot:

group:

user:

Entries with the same data as the 'master' account…

I have not tried this and then made a modification to the cPanel account via the cPanel admin interface so not sure whether this will have to be re-applied again after changes. Note that after editing this file you need to run the command:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_apache_conf

You should then be able to setup the ssl for slavestore.com per normal cPanel methods. But you might need to setup the ssl first, then go modify the cpanel config files.

@tbirnseth

I don't think those instructions are 100% correct.

As mentioned on http://docs.cpanel.n…he3/InsideVHost

"

[color=#000000][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif]It is important to note that the include directory structure is not created for you. You will need to create and use the following file structures:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif]For an individual VirtualHost container:[/font][/color][list]

[]Apache 1 with SSL — /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/ssl/1/$user/$domain/$includename.conf

[
]Apache 2 with SSL — /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/ssl/2/$user/$domain/$includename.conf

[]Apache 1 without SSL — /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/1/$user/$domain/$includename.conf

[
]Apache 2 without SSL — /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/$user/$domain/$includename.conf

[/list]

"

Those folders are precisely intended for overriding the original account configuration inside the httpd.conf for apache.

The include file can be named anything really. When you run /scripts/verify_vhost_includes this script will loop through your include file and check for errors. If there are no errors, the script will incorporate your new include file into apache runtime.

All that's left to do is call 'service httpd restart'

Let me know if that clears things up a little.

Cheers,

Okay, that reference describes it a bit more (the paths are not created for you).

Will play with it in the future. I don't run Ultimate and my one client that wants to isn't quite ready to go there yet. We have a bunch of addon work to do to prepare for an Ultimate environment.

So using the Apache path simply overrides what cPanel defines for the Virtual Host.

HI there

Ok I dont know if Cpanel varies from one installation to another but I get to step five of the guide which is:

5. Call directory - cd /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/

I then have a problem as I can only get to here: /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/

The next two directory levels arent there: std/2/

Any advice on this as to why they would not be there?

OK a little confused now lol

Read the article/link that jtrotter posted, then go read his original info.

It will then be clear.

We are finally installing Ultimate and want to confirm that the godaddy Standard UCC SSL certificate will work for the multiple domains. Did anyone get the UCC multi domain ssl cert setup with the Ultimate version? Is there any special settings we need to lookout for?

HI there,

I can confirm that Go Daddy Ultimate plan with CS Cart Ultimate installed with a UCC 5 domain SSL works fine. One fixed IP with a UCC certificate attached and installed works great. Not the cheapest way though is you then need more than your 5 domains or however many you purchased your block of domains in.

Still would like to get the separate Cpanel account method working. Have followed guides but nothing concrete yet. Im trying on a Go Daddy VPS.

[quote name='twist4d' timestamp='1356093733' post='151561']

HI there,

I can confirm that Go Daddy Ultimate plan with CS Cart Ultimate installed with a UCC 5 domain SSL works fine. One fixed IP with a UCC certificate attached and installed works great. Not the cheapest way though is you then need more than your 5 domains or however many you purchased your block of domains in.

Still would like to get the separate Cpanel account method working. Have followed guides but nothing concrete yet. Im trying on a Go Daddy VPS.

[/quote]

Thanks I purchased the multidomain ssl from godaddy and was able to get it setup for the primary domain where ultimate is installed, but for the second store it doesn't seem to be working. Was there anything special you did to add the additional domains? We are running cpanel/whm. In godaddy, we did add the second domain name as a “Subject Alternative Names”.

I have 4 stores running from one Ultimate Cs-cart. All 4 have separate SSL certificates installed. All works great.

The trick is to follow the cs-cart instructions for setting up a vhost.conf file.

http://kb.cs-cart.co…onfigure-plesk9

But also create the exact same file and call it vhost_ssl.conf and place it in the same directory as the vhost.conf file.

It would be nice if they added that additional step to their instructions.

Hi jjtrottier,

Was wondering if you could explain the process of adding that content into the newly created file called custom.conf. I'm alright with pretty much everything else except that. I'm just trying to launch an Ultimate project and have only stumbled across this SSL barrier in the past week and it's driving me nuts, to the point of making me sick with stress. I'd outsource the task but I'm not real keen on the idea of handing out SSH root access to my VPS.

Thanks,

Matt

[quote name='innervision' timestamp='1357716775' post='152463']

Hi jjtrottier,

Was wondering if you could explain the process of adding that content into the newly created file called custom.conf. I'm alright with pretty much everything else except that. I'm just trying to launch an Ultimate project and have only stumbled across this SSL barrier in the past week and it's driving me nuts, to the point of making me sick with stress. I'd outsource the task but I'm not real keen on the idea of handing out SSH root access to my VPS.

Thanks,

Matt

[/quote]

Hi innervision,

I don't know how much more explaining I can get done here, but I'd be willing to setup a GoToMeeting session with you. This way I can take control of your computer screen and server and you can input the root passwords.

Toss me a $20 or whatever you think is fair, and I will get you all setup.

With your approval, I will also post the recording of this video session and post it in the forums for others to watch after.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Hi jjtrottier,

That would be EXCELLENT! Thanks heaps for your help. I'm just at the gym at the moment, do you use Skype? If so can you add me and when I get back I'll chat to you further. My ID is 'spyredigital'. Whereabouts are you located and what time is it? Is this something you could help with today?

Cheers

Is anyone else able to assist with this?