How to use payment method icon in checkout process

[quote name=‘ntsekov’]Erm, and how will that work with Cyrillic names? I’m a bi afraid to try it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will… maybe come up with a formula to convert Cyrillic letters into English Alphabet and then load it?

Thanks for sharing, racingsolution. It was super easy to implement. :wink:

I only have a description for one of my payment methods so I got rid of

{$pm.description}

I don’t use an image for that payment method, so I put the description in the cell with the image code:

{$pm.description}

You can implement this by using a hook so future upgrades won’t over-write your mod. Here is how:

This is without the Paypal verify bit.

Make sure your my_changes addon is enabled

create a directory in /ACTIVE SKIN/customer/addon/my_changes/hooks/checkout

Create a file in the checkout directory name: payment_methods.override.tpl

Place this code in it and save:

{foreach from=$payment_methods item="pm" name="pay"}

{$pm.description}

{/foreach}

Put your images in the root images directory.

I am using Google checkout and a credit card merchant to process payments. I am trying to add a credit card payment icon instead of the checkout button to the cart page. I’ve reviewed the mod discussed in this tread but it seems that this is for placing the option within the checkout page.

I believe that in a previous version this was possible but does not seem to be the case in version 2.12. Any help will be appreciated.

CC&Googlecheckout.jpg

Look into the buttons.tpl file for doing something like that

Will do… Thanks racingsolution

OK… I’ve looked at the button/checkout.tpl and also the buton.tpl and can’t seem to get my hands on where to add a call for the Icon image to be places on the page. Any suggestions?

[quote name=‘premierbooks’]OK… I’ve looked at the button/checkout.tpl and also the buton.tpl and can’t seem to get my hands on where to add a call for the Icon image to be places on the page. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I just glanced at it… and it looks like your button settings are somewhere in a CSS file

Nice one boys…is what I need thanks for time. Im sure others will use this

I tried this in 1.3.5 version and works great thank you I am also looking to add an image next to cvv number box area under or right side of text box so people know where to look for the 3 digit or 4 digit on back of cards, can we use the same code for this area

Does anyone know how to place payment methods in order, for example:

1. credit card
  2. by phone
  3. check

[quote name=‘chuckv’]Does anyone know how to place payment methods in order, for example:

1. credit card
  2. by phone
  3. check[/QUOTE]

It looks like it’s alphabetical… so I don’t see any quick way to do it

[quote name=‘chuckv’]Does anyone know how to place payment methods in order, for example:

1. credit card
  2. by phone
  3. check[/QUOTE]

Go to Administration > Payment Methods

If you click edit you can change each method’s position.

[quote name=‘ogia’]Go to Administration > Payment Methods

If you click edit you can change each method’s position.[/QUOTE]

Strange… I don’t see this option in 2.1.2

I checked. It is neither in the alphabetical order nor can be positioned. Does any one known?

I have the latest cart version.

That’s strange… I wonder if they meant to remove that option?!

If it’s done alphabetically I was wondering if you could put a blank space at the beginning of the one you’d like to display first?

I tried with space. It still would not work.

I also want to select pay by phone the default option. Do you know how to make that?

Anybody know why my payment methods are not both showing up at the top. I have one at the top and one at the bottom. It would be nice to have both at the top like they are in your examples.

See attached…

Payment_Method.jpg

1. credit card
  2. by phone
  3. check[/QUOTE]

In 2.1.2 they appear in th same order as you have them listed in admin, whichever is at the top will appear in store at top etc etc, there is no position select box.

JOhn