How To Add A New Carrier

Another question:

is it possible to insert 3 variables in the URL that the system 'spews' back?

Looking at the carrier PostNL that we use for 98% of the parcels it gives a

domestic link like this

/jouw.postnl.nl/#!/track-en-trace/3Sxxxxxxxxtrackingnumberxxxx//NL/1234AB

international link:

/www.internationalparceltracking.com/Main.aspx#/track/3Sxxxxxxxxtrackingnumberxxxx/BE/1234

so both ask for tracking number / country code / postal code

That should be not too hard to implement but which codes would be needed ?

Yvana (partner of Anthony)

Dear Yvana,

Do you want to put country and postal codes from the order information?

Not even 'want' but 'need' . If the country and postal codes are left out, the link results into an error.

Hi guys

I have been folowing this post from the begining. Its a nice featureand this is why we build that as addon since the 41x version.

The price is we sell that is 45€ but just for you guys trying to make this tutorial work in 43x I will grand a dicount and sell that for 30€.

Thats a good 33% discount. Just use the coupon code

38177-how-to-add-a-new-carrier

Hope this help some of you.

Buy it here http://www.cscart.biz/new-carrier-cscart4.html

Fotis

Hi guys

I have been folowing this post from the begining. Its a nice featureand this is why we build that as addon since the 41x version.

The price is we sell that is 45€ but just for you guys trying to make this tutorial work in 43x I will grand a dicount and sell that for 30€.

Thats a good 33% discount. Just use the coupon code

38177-how-to-add-a-new-carrier

Hope this help some of you.

Buy it here http://www.cscart.biz/new-carrier-cscart4.html

Fotis

Fotis,

We appreciate the offer but we already have great addon in place. The only issue remains the build up the url.

We need to know how we can get the country code (NL, US, UK, GR) and the postalcode in the URL

Basically what we like to know is how we can express the country code and the postalcode from the customers shipping address in the url we need to build

The first part for PostNL we have:

https:///www.internationalparceltracking.com/Main.aspx#/track/[TRACKING-CODE]/

The latter part should be BE/1234 - BE (country code : Belgium) / PostalCode

Regards

Anthony

Can't you just extract it from the order data itself based on the shipping address ($order_info.s_country).

That is what we were thinking too, but I have NO clue what code to use to get the country code.

In the file with the country names, the first column lists the 2-digit country codes with the name 'code'.

just putting in ```php would not work ..

Another complexity is that e.g. for domestic orders, grammar rules dictate to separate the 2 parts of the postal code : 1234 AB while the URL omits the space and calls for 1234AB

Yvana

But you should know the order_id. So you could do this in your func.php file in your my_changes addon:

function my_order_country_code($order_id) {
  return db_get_field("SELECT s_country FROM ?:orders WHERE order_id=?i", $order_id);
}

and then in your template file use:

{$order_id|my_order_country_code}

Tony

Where do you suppose I can find that file ?

Regards

Anthony

This information should be already there. Try the following tracking URL:

{$url = "https:///www.internationalparceltracking.com/Main.aspx#/track/`$tracking_number`/`$order_info.s_country`/`$order_info.s_zipcode`"}

Wasn't sure if order_info was resolved for shipments or not. But apparently it is so yes, all the variables you need should be available.

Please make sure that the step #5 is completed

Step#5 completed...same situation

Cache? Try to clear it. If it does not help, please PM me temporary FTP access

Hi again I tried do that and is working like a dream as below

Dear Jozko,

The products have been sent out to you. The order information is given below but could you tell me what I have to change if I want not _royal_mail but Royal Mail please ? I do not want it try by attempt and mistake :-)

Thanks a lot

Marian

Order ID: #941
Shipping method: First Class Recorded
Shipment date: 30 Oct 2015, 22:10
Carrier: _royal_mail
Tracking number: KP106722168GB

Products:

1 x TOMTOM USB Repair - Very Limited Offer
Options: Battery with a replacement service: Without battery

Thank you for using our shopping cart.

When you see a name that starts with an underscore it usually means it's an undefined language variable. So in your case, you would click Administration/Languages -> Translations

Then click the '+' icon (new)

Create a variable named royal_mail with a value of Royal Mail

Then you should be all set.

Many thanks again works as you said

Sorry for bothering but I would need know one thing more

I do not want send the invoice with each confirmation email, please could you tell me where can I turn that out in 4.3 please ?

Thanks

In admin, order statuses, remove the check from the part that says S"end to customer"

Ok again I just do not want send email confirmation with invoice enclosed :-) but thanks