Helpdesk

Snorocket, is there an update on the release of the HelpDesk?

You should also have option to use Follow Up, so we can setup a response and it will emailed out on a certain day .

Did anyone who bought this get a copy of the new Helpdesk from Snorocket yet?

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1403735136' post='186462']

Did anyone who bought this get a copy of the new Helpdesk from Snorocket yet?

[/quote]

No, a few problems are being fixed right now I'm hoping sometime next week, it got delayed a week because I cou'ndt get the time away to test as I should have, Thanks - Sno

Sounds cool. Thanks for updating.

BTW, I can't email you back Sno. Your emails bounce back.

Hey Sno, for some reason I still cannot email you without it bouncing back. It's been over a week, do you have any updates on this.

[quote name='kimsonco' timestamp='1404876012' post='187197']

Hi,

You could also use Freshdesk and embed the iframe. Freshdesk have smart dashboard!

[/quote]

May end up having to do this. Not my preferred method.

Almost done, also getting ready to have it checked with the beta of 4.2.1 so it will work with responsive theme, I will check email, Thanks - Sno

We're back to looking at helpdesk again. Anyone else in this feed have any luck with redesk or any of the others?

At this point I would NOT recommend anyone invest any more money in to Snorocket or this Helpdesk he is supposed to offer. I have requested my money back for a couple of weeks now and have not received it. So I placed a claim on Paypal and they said, “An eCheck payment from Winfield Woodworks was declined by the sender's bank.” So sadly we have no helpdesk and his bank says he has an empty account. Not even current pictures that show on here or his website are the one being worked on as he says. He keeps showing images from his old version. The sad part is I paid for his old version and was never able to get it to work properly. I guess I was trying to think positive.

Jim when we recieved your refund request I immediately accepted and refunded the payment, not sure what's going on your end but I just checked our account and the funds have clearly been removed (refunded). No the Addon is not being released until 4.2.1 is stable enough to use, Thanks - Sno

Hi Collin, it was Paypal that sent the message. We do not have the funds yet. As of right now it still says pending because the echeck was declined and that it will try again 3-4 days from the 31st of last month.

Sno, does your helpdesk work with CS-Cart storefronts?

I need customers of a storefront to only see content from that storefront, but not the other storefronts.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1407113354' post='188723']

At this point I would NOT recommend anyone invest any more money in to Snorocket or this Helpdesk he is supposed to offer.

[/quote]

You didn't learn your lesson from version 2.x?

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1407210599' post='188827']

[/quote]

Go figure. I didn't really think I had major problems with Snorocket and I was guessing on version 2 that I might have had some type of core changes that may have messed up the previous helpdesk version. On version 4 I have made 0 core changes and I've only tried to purchase add ons from places who don't. So I was holding out hope. Now I'm off to narrow down the search with a few others. After all, integration with CS doesn't do much good if you can't get the add on in the first place.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1407210599' post='188827']

[/quote]

Nope apparently I did not - Sno

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1406583272' post='188376']

We're back to looking at helpdesk again. Anyone else in this feed have any luck with redesk or any of the others?

[/quote]

The reDesk mob tried hard to fix all the issues we had trying to run it on CSCv2.1.4. It came close, but we gave up on it for these reasons.:

1. It still had two or three bugs that created odd subject lines and erroneous emails.
  2. We could see that it wasn't very well integrated and would not be so in the near future:
  3. The "integrated “contact-us” page , a replacement for the standard contact form, did not work and could not be customised at all, with no file-upload function, nor ability to customize the form , nor ability to assign blocks.

We spent many man-hours helping reDesk sort out the issues, in the end we gave up.

I hate to bag any developer, and I hope they get it together, as it has great potential if they make it work.

Good Luck

[quote name='remoteone' timestamp='1411745562' post='192924']

The reDesk mob tried hard to fix all the issues we had trying to run it on CSCv2.1.4. It came close, but we gave up on it for these reasons.:

1. It still had two or three bugs that created odd subject lines and erroneous emails.
  2. We could see that it wasn't very well integrated and would not be so in the near future:
  3. The "integrated “contact-us” page , a replacement for the standard contact form, did not work and could not be customised at all, with no file-upload function, nor ability to customize the form , nor ability to assign blocks.

We spent many man-hours helping reDesk sort out the issues, in the end we gave up.

I hate to bag any developer, and I hope they get it together, as it has great potential if they make it work.

Good Luck

[/quote]

Tank you for all your ideas and thoughts. We are working an all the bugs and polishing the Re:Desk software. For now the upload file feature already added to Re:Desk_CS-Cart contact page. Some new ideas regarding the customizing the form already in our TO DO list. For now noncombustible contact form is intended for proper Re:Desk fetching the new messages from CS-Cart, as Re:Desk works only with that special fields in this form and any other fields will just be missed by Re:Desk. But some good ideas are in our list for development.

Now we are developing Twitter messages fetching in Re:Desk and planning some deeper integration for the software with CS-Cart.

Sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced.

[quote]We've found customers are more likely to actually sign into their accounts by clicking on the “reply to this response link”[/quote]

Hmm , well we've actually found the oposite. Most of our customers just hit “reply” when using the std Comments addon, so Id like it to be an option at least.

Welll be revisiting this soon as will need a Ticketing system for our new website.

Gave up on the re-desk addon as it was un stable and certain things didnt work even after weeks of support.

one thing it did was add emails to Ticket threads that were nothing to do with the ticket subject… It was hopeless!

I noticed that CS-CART ROCKS uses a simple ticket system on their webstore. I must find out what it is?