Disable Cache

If it was my post that you are referring to then you are doing something wrong. I am still running 2.0.15 with the cache disabled and it is slightly faster than my 2.1.4 using sqlite cache.

I would seriously doubt that any server can make 1000’s of database calls (SELECT statements with joins and condition) faster than it can read a 100K file from disk (files method) or read all table rows from a dedicated DB (sqlite method). AT EVERY PAGE LOAD. Especially if you are using filters and features. Note that if the server is dedicated, that most of the files will be cached in the kernel’s file cache anyway. But the DB requests won’t be unless they are captured as views which cs-cart only does for specific things.

Just MHO.

It all sounds good in theory and I certainly won’t argue with you about it so I will just let the stats speak for themselves.

One of my sites using 2.0.15 with cache disabled:

[ATTACH]2463[/ATTACH]

The other site switched from 2.0.15 without cache to 2.1.4 with sqlite cache:

[ATTACH]2462[/ATTACH]

com.jpg

net.jpg

Are the sites the same other than the version of the cart?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Are the sites the same other than the version of the cart?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They are also on 2 separate shared servers.

Can’t argue your numbers if you’re certain that all things are equal other than the caching… All I can say is that it does not make sense. But that wouldn’t be the first time! :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘The Tool’]If it was my post that you are referring to then you are doing something wrong. I am still running 2.0.15 with the cache disabled and it is slightly faster than my 2.1.4 using sqlite cache.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for bother you with this questions, but maybe we can learn a little more,

How many products and filters in your 2.0.15 (cache disabled) site?

how did you disable it? (seems others are interested on this too)

Where is hosted, hostgator, bluehost? Any use of gzip, smartoptimizer?

I still have a demo with 2.0.15 and it seems smooth, no spike variations in page speed load.

A customer’s site (2.1.14CE shared site/140 products/smartoptimizer) had this wild ride from 4 to 12 seconds, slow checkout. Unpredictable speed sometimes load fast, sometimes similar to magento.

Thanks.

It doesn’t matter what the differences are in the 2 sites but they are the same with the exception that one has fewer products and categories than the other.

If you will look at the second image above you can see the differences between 2.0.15 with cache disabled and 2.1.4 with sqlite cache on the exact same site.

colortone, there is a thread somewhere where most of this has been discussed. Do a search for it.