CS-Cart to Cease Development of Internet Explorer Bug Fixes

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1360664415' post='154987']

No, 2% of all that particular type of BMW might have problems with their brakes. Gotta love statistics…

[/quote]

That was my whole point, as response to your opening post, since you say 8.17% of your internet explorer users use version 7, after which you say: “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Could you afford to potentially lose 8.17% of your sales?”[/font][/color]

[quote name='mrfoameruk' timestamp='1360629570' post='154952']

Just wondering what people actually use on here.I use firefox (for years now) because of the plugins (bookmark sinc/site login, etc) but might try chrome just to try. I dont think I would ever go back to IE

[/quote]

90% Chrome, 10% FF use both dev tools to get what I want

Interesting to see i.e. was the main loser when Chrome was introduced, firefox held its own until G introduced developer tools,

http://www.w3schools…wsers_stats.asp

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1360676001' post='155021']

That was my whole point, as response to your opening post, since you say 8.17% of your internet explorer users use version 7, after which you say: “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Could you afford to potentially lose 8.17% of your sales?”[/font][/color]

[/quote]

On this store, 8.17% of sales came through IE7. Not just 8.17% of traffic. In fairness, this particular store targets the “older generation” whom are statistically less inclined to grasp newer technology. Many phone to place their orders as they still believe cheque is the only payment method in the World. Up to 8.17% is still a lot to lose nevertheless.

Stellar,

You do realize that the stats you originally posted add up to 100%?

Internet Explorer Version Usage:

003.08%

061.36%

027.04%

008.17%

000.36%

_________

100.01%

So 8.17% REALLY is only 8.17% of IE usage (while IE usage could be as low as 24% of ALL browser usage).

I dont think he does as he’s still quoting the same figures.

Effective immediately, we will no longer support any customers over the age of 30, if you do not know what a twitter is, then please do not attempt to order through our site using your old worn out browsers!

Thanks for the tip, may have to use that error message sooner rather than later.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1360857212' post='155284']

Stellar,

You do realize that the stats you originally posted add up to 100%?

Internet Explorer Version Usage:

003.08%

061.36%

027.04%

008.17%

000.36%

_________

100.01%

So 8.17% REALLY is only 8.17% of IE usage (while IE usage could be as low as 24% of ALL browser usage).

[/quote]

Correct. IE7 usage covers 8.17% of the total IE usage of 39.4%. Over 3% total combined usage. Note there is 4% 'Unknown' under ecommerce stats, so this extra 4% is unlikely to have been a robot. Anything more than 0% isn't exactly proactive anyway.

I received an order yesterday that reports IE7 was used. I'm running CS-Cart ver 3.0.5. So, the store operates in IE7. IE7 browsers are currently 3.7% of all my traffic (and shrinking).

I'm not alarmed when CS-Cart techs report that “small bugs found in the Internet Explorer browser of version 7 will not be fixed”. No one is “losing customers” from “small bugs” yet.

Just for reference, IE7 was released by MS in 2006 (shipped with Vista), and IE8 in 2009 (shipped with Win7). IE7 is not really that old yet, so it's interesting that MS has pushed out upgrades to the browser so successfully that so few IE7 installs still exist. I would imagine that the IE7 installs that still remain are clinging to WinXP - probably in some corporate environment where the users can't even upgrade to IE8 if they wanted to. WinXP runs fine for businesses - I deployed plenty installs myself for businesses - and the economy since 2009 has not really helped IT departments upgrade hardware and OS to Win7.