Cs-Cart Is Now Forcing You To Pay For "searchanise" If You Want To Use It!

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1393532570' post='178458']

/core/fn.catalog.php

[/quote]

Thank you very much. Do you have any other of these little secret tips?

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1393349910' post='178226']

Dont they just mean it will be disabled for all NON PRO cs cart stores…i.e the free versions

John

[/quote]

John, so far it looks like you were correct on this. So far Searchanise has continued to work. We are still trying to get a good alternative to it, but for now I feel somewhat stuck. To me, the best option so far is the search that the Alt-Team brought back. The biggest problem with that is that it needs a “view all” at the bottom of the drop down search, similar to what Searchanise does.

Hi there,

We are facing some regular issues with Searchanise.

The dynamic search gets disabled every once in a while when we make some changes in the tpl files or when the “rebuild cache automatically option” is turned on.

This seems to be very frustrating as we have to connect to the searchanise everytime and sync the products.

Has anyone faced similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

The Dynamic search add-on solves the major part of the issues disputed. (available from CS-Cart v.2.x to 4.x)

I buy a cart for over $350 and I have to pay for mobile application separately… and also for a search dropdown box? Like I have said in previous posts, what kills business, reputation and good things is simple… “Greed”

It's simple, will sell off my license and look for an alternative. Prestashop is a free cart and gives all these things for free, you decide to pay for a software and they rub it on your face.

I shake my head!

Prestashop does not give the Autocomplete Search module for free.

The module for Prestashop's Autocomplete Search is $43. ThomH's is $2 more for CS-Cart - it replaces Searchanise.

I would have to spend over $400 on Prestashop modules to get what I have with CS-Cart:

PayPal Pro ($220), News/Blog ($43 - $112), Gift Certificates ($70), Quickbooks Export ($70), Testimonials ($43), Product Reviews w/Rich Snippets ($70 - $115), Product Inquiries ($43).

Prestashop seems like a very well put together cart, but don't kid yourself that it's less expensive just because the core is free.

If you want to go that way, head to head Cscart will loose the battle. All these things you quote to favour cscart some are free from 3rd parties, I will also send you links from 3rd party developers who developed it for free.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1398106303' post='182020']

Prestashop does not give the Autocomplete Search module for free.

The module for Prestashop's Autocomplete Search is $43. ThomH's is $2 more for CS-Cart - it replaces Searchanise.

I would have to spend over $400 on Prestashop modules to get what I have with CS-Cart:

PayPal Pro ($220), News/Blog ($43 - $112), Gift Certificates ($70), Quickbooks Export ($70), Testimonials ($43), Product Reviews w/Rich Snippets ($70 - $115), Product Inquiries ($43).

Prestashop seems like a very well put together cart, but don't kid yourself that it's less expensive just because the core is free.

[/quote]

I think your greed is more of business sense and businesses are run on business sense.

I charge extra for first class post over the normal. It's not greed. it's sense. If they want extra, they pay extra.

What also kills businesses is not charging enough. There are many people for example on ebay (and I have done this myself on certain items) who actually make a loss every time they sell an item because they have not taken into account all the outgings/fees/packaging that wittle away at the profits.

You could also say that your greed in not spending your money will be detrimental to your business and that could make it fail.

I would love everything to be cheaper, but now understand why thing are so expensive (after running a retail shop for 10 years) and if thats the price than thats the price.

I honestly don't see why you are still here if Presta shop is able to do the same for cheaper (my sister uses it and for her it's fine, althogh it did have some problems). If I did'nt have my cscart licence I might be looking at it, I don't know if they use blocks now as i installed it a few years back but her site looks ok. They even hava a ebay addon but again don't know enogh about its present state to say wheter it's any good. You also say about the free addons, but they can be hit and miss sometimes or one will conflict with another and because they are free there is usually minimum support.

Mine still works fine and is worth the money, heck if it helps your customers navigate I think it is worth the small fee they charge which is a small fee for this software. If one customer uses it and purchases one thing it paid for itself for the month right? I hate to pay monthly fees for anything but if it works it is worth it if not you can always shut off.

[quote name='Tim Hensel' timestamp='1393342522' post='178217']

Wow this is BS. So basically then CS-Cart just includes a piece-o-crap search engine, but if you want a search feature that is standard on just about all other shopping carts (even free ones!) then you have to pay a monthly fee. No thanks!

I did give in to the monthly Twigmo fee since CS-Cart does not already include a standard Mobile version…but now the same thing with a simple search feature?? Unfortunately it seems CS-Cart is getting a bit full of themselves.

[/quote]

You have to make the other cart software search work like searchanise yourself, it isn't included in hardly any of them, just a basic search like CS-cart. Not sure where you got that info.

In other news, you should really turn that twigmo crap off. The sites work much better on a device without it. Plus it's a racket

Did anyone else run in to issues yesterday with Searchanise not showing anything? It would drop down a few key words but no products. We were trying it again because we liked the ability to change the background of the drop down portion, but when it started not showing results about half of the time we decided to move back to the Quick Search from the Alt-Team.

[quote name='standingontv' timestamp='1398200933' post='182121']

You have to make the other cart software search work like searchanise yourself, it isn't included in hardly any of them, just a basic search like CS-cart. Not sure where you got that info.

In other news, you should really turn that twigmo crap off. The sites work much better on a device without it. Plus it's a racket

[/quote]

I disagree search engines in other carts work properly

search.png

interesting, but isn't a surprise. always the same… :r

In 5x cs-cart you will get just CMS piece of software, seach feature, cart will be hosted remote modules :D

[quote name=‘Darius’ timestamp=‘1404904334’ post=‘187233’]

In 5x cs-cart you will get just CMS piece of software, seach feature, cart will be hosted remote modules :D

[/quote]

That will be the end of CS-Cart…our customers will go back to x-cart, from where followed us.

[quote name='ThomH' timestamp='1404988931' post='187316']

That will be the end of CS-Cart…our customers will go back to x-cart, from where followed us.

[/quote]

Oh come on he was kidding…