CS-Cart 3 RC Released

[quote name='user2008' timestamp='1329348224' post='131341']

cs-cart-3-rc has only one customer skin.

full release will have more?

[/quote]

No, the final version will have only 1 skin as well.

We will try to come up with more skins after CS-Cart 3 is released.

@umera

[quote name='umera' timestamp='1329359996' post='131355']

I can create a block and edit blocks, I just cant seem to see a delete block link anywhere.

[/quote]

Thank you for the issue!

Blocks can be removed from layouts. And if a block is not used anywhere in the cart, it should be automatically removed from the Existing blocks list.

That is still to be implemented, thanks for reporting the problem.

Please, use our special bug tracker to post further bug.

Looks promising.

I think this page should be redesigned as well. Order details link is not too clearly presented.

index.php?dispatch=orders.search

Also would be nice to have

• weight to product details page & total weight of cart content
  • ability to exclude user groups of payment method and shipping method.
  • shipping method with not only weight but also price limit.

The Cs-carts Architects !!! are Very the best

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1329372932' post='131371']

cPanel file manager can't extract .tgz files. On the next RC, please also make it available on zip package. Thanks.

[/quote]

Rename the file with the extension “.tar.gz”

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1329320988' post='131311']

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I did not see any improvements or enhancements to the Product Configurator. In my opinion this is the weakest portion of cs-cart.

[/quote]

You are right about the Product Configurator.

We have not yet paid much attention to this add-on, though it has not been planned either…

You can vote the feature up in the UserVoice. The more votes it has, the more effort we will spend on its development.

Horns & Hoofs store had no added users or customers so test orders cannot be placed in demo…

Order #1 (Store: Simbirsk technologies) (Invoice #1) by Customer Customer on 02/16/2012, 16:59

Order #2 (Store: Horns & Hoofs) (Invoice #2) by a b on 02/16/2012, 17:09

Placed 2 orders in two different stores should or should not invoices be treated separately both stores (Ultimate version)?

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1329382306' post='131388']

Looks promising.

I think this page should be redesigned as well. Order details link is not too clearly presented.

index.php?dispatch=orders.search

Also would be nice to have

• weight to product details page & total weight of cart content
  • ability to exclude user groups of payment method and shipping method.
  • shipping method with not only weight but also price limit.

[/quote]

Hi!

You do have some fine ideas here.

You should use the UserVoice to post them and let everybody vote.

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1329397626' post='131397']

Horns & Hoofs store had no added users or customers so test orders cannot be placed in demo…

Order #1 (Store: Simbirsk technologies) (Invoice #1) by Customer Customer on 02/16/2012, 16:59

Order #2 (Store: Horns & Hoofs) (Invoice #2) by a b on 02/16/2012, 17:09

Placed 2 orders in two different stores should or should not invoices be treated separately both stores (Ultimate version)?

[/quote]

If you have All stores selected in the upper left corner of the admin panel, you will see all the orders from all storefronts.

Pick a particular storefront to see only the orders for this storefront.

[quote name='kmolchanov' timestamp='1329380088' post='131384']

No, the final version will have only 1 skin as well.

We will try to come up with more skins after CS-Cart 3 is released.

[/quote]

Does the old skins (ver 2.2.4) will work with version 3???

Great! I love the checkout page layout with cart always show on the right while entering your information on the left. Beautiful!

I really like it since there were studies that shown this type of checkout display was the most effective. :mrgreen:

I am already testing it. Looks great I must say. Block content is totally different en in most point better. Nevertheless, in the version prior to version 3.0 you could set the tabs (product details page tabs) to vertical, in order to get rid of the tabs on the products page. I cannot find this funcionality to to change the direction from horizontal to vertical, not on the products page as the product tabs in the design menu. It this function left out?

OMG. Maybe I misunderstood something…

What about the user who has Professional 2.2.4 and want to do the upgreade to Ultimate or ver. 3? What about the appearance of his store?

I am still not getting something here. Can someone else explain from tax accounting point how were you managing separate 3 PRO cs-cart stores where you where having individual unique invoice numbers and now all will be mixed?

[quote name='kmolchanov' timestamp='1329399241' post='131403']

If you have All stores selected in the upper left corner of the admin panel, you will see all the orders from all storefronts.

Pick a particular storefront to see only the orders for this storefront.

[/quote]

This is looking wonderful! No wonder CS-Cart is #1

From my understanding any upgrade will default all users to the 1 standard skin due to the movecto 960.gs. This is unfortunate, however in the long run this solution will be a good one.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1329393231' post='131395']

Rename the file with the extension “.tar.gz”

[/quote]

Thank you, It worked on Cpanel.

I just purchased Ultimate Edition today. I would like to populate the store with products, set up shipping parameters and do some basic appearance customization ahead of the final release, but I really need to know that ther will be some sort of logical upgrade path from RC to final, so that I don't have to take the time to re-enter all the product data and image files.

I know you stated there was no upgrade function planned, but it would sure be helpful for those of us that want to get a head start on our stores before the final actually comes out.

[quote name='kellenw' timestamp='1329452555' post='131454']

I just purchased Ultimate Edition today. I would like to populate the store with products, set up shipping parameters and do some basic appearance customization ahead of the final release, but I really need to know that ther will be some sort of logical upgrade path from RC to final, so that I don't have to take the time to re-enter all the product data and image files.

I know you stated there was no upgrade function planned, but it would sure be helpful for those of us that want to get a head start on our stores before the final actually comes out.

[/quote]

Hello and thanks for a great question!

You can use Import to transfer your database from the RC to the final version.

Hi kmolchanov,

Thanks so much for the reply.

When you say “you can use import to transfer your database”, would this only be for transfering products, or would it also transfer shipping methods, currency settings, groups, quantity pricing, company info, etc.? In other words, would it essentially transfer the entire store?

I'm planning to migrate two live sites (running an old version of zencart) and launching a new one as well, all within the new Ultimate Edition. I am hoping to be able to setup the two live sites on a temporary subdomain using the Ultimate Edition RC, and get everything running well on them, and then pull the switch to make them live on their respective parent domains when the final version comes out, so I can avoid any down time. Since they are live sites, down time means lost sales, so I want to make sure I do it right, but I also want to have them ready as soon as the final version is released. Hence, my concern for having a logical path to upgrade/transfer all the info.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.