CS-Cart 3.0.5 Released

I've read every post and I'm curious if anybody knows the estimated date of the official release of 3.1.x?

[quote name='mayanetwork' timestamp='1359134368' post='153666']

I've read every post and I'm curious if anybody knows the estimated date of the official release of 3.1.x?

[/quote]

according to the CS-Cart blog the release date is not confirmed yet see here: http://blog.cs-cart…-cs-cart-3-1-1/

[quote]The new admin panel (along with numerous other new features to be announced later) will be included in CS-Cart 3.1.1. Its release date it not yet confirmed, so stay tuned to CS-Cart news on Twitter and Facebook.[/quote]

John

In the comments they speculated a Beta release in February, however, this wasn't a guaranteed timeframe.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1358465167' post='153072']

Remember that feature that disappeared? Suppliers. Where is it?!

UserVoice = “Under development” for Ultimate on November 26th 2012. Looks like everything is being ditched for a pointless new admin skin in 3.1, with no real core functionality updates.

[/quote]

Hello,

I would like to re-assure you that the Suppliers functionality is really under development, it is planned to be included in CS-Cart 3.1.1.

Hi

Thanks for replying kmolchanov. I have two key questions

1. Can CS CART possibly tell us which versions are being released. How many more minor releases before v3.1 is released?
  2. Is User Voice regularly updated by CS CART - it seems the same features are sitting in “planned” status - I been wathcing User Voice for over a year now and only seen 1 or two items move or change stattus.

Example - mobile front end - the strategy employed by CS CART was to use Twigmo - therefore this feature should be closed and the votes given back to the user community to vote on other features. Like me, my 10 votes have and are locked into 3 features since 2010 and I want to give input and votes to other features.

I think if you re-organise the user voice or clean it up to reflect what is live - then the community can re-vote on features and you will see what your customers really want.

Just my 2 cents…

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1358372187' post='152980']

Agree, Not sure why they insist on constantly updating the look of the Backend. Especially if things looked and worked well in the old version. They keep ignoring items that need major updates (i.e. Configurator, product options, buy together, promotions, etc)

Cosmetic changes to the Backend are a waste of time in my opinion. Store owners want functionality, not wysbang cosmetics.

[/quote]

I completely agree. Looks on the backend is only secondary to the functionality of the store! What really really bothers me is the lack of sophistication of the Promotions/Coupons. Promotions and coupons are what drives retail businesses! What they have now is barely functional for small-medium stores.

While the “ship is a sail without a rudder” (no direction), I am implementing other e-commerce solutions and I am not renewing any yearly upgrade subscriptions either … hit where it hurts, the bottom line.

I agree the look of the backend is absolutely fine now and doesn’t have to be changed. However, it is slow. If the new look makes things faster, I kinda do see the need for it.

I don’t really agree cs-cart is a ship moving in no direction. As far as I see it:

Cs-cart 3.11 is getting an API. This is a vital feature and in my opinion the most necessary feature ever - except for the add-to-cart button ;)

Without an API it cs-cart will not survive in the current climate. Having an api will solve 100’s of problems for customers and will add 100’s of features, because it will be easy to implement with other apps like crm, helpdesk, purchase ordering, accounting, and so on.

I also like that all versions are now always cs-cart ultimate and we will simply be able to add storefronts. This makes things clear… no more free, pro, multithis and multithat. Also it will make it much easier to make add-ons (not talking about licensing here though) and skins, since all versions will basically be the same.

I hope cs-cart will do the following after 3.11 is released:

First, they should make the 3.1 branch a super stable, fast, bugfree version without adding new features at all. Fix ALL the little bugs and annoyances. Simply make sure each and every function works. Most don’t take more than 10 minutes to fix but have been in cs-cart for ages.

This will mean new users won’t be confused and annoyed when they try cs-cart. This will mean sales, and sales means money. To get new users, cs-cart will probably also have to add at least 3 or 4 more skins.

Then, and only then, cs-cart should focus on adding new features, starting with the most wanted: editing of invoice, amazon integration and so on. (sidenote: I hope they will ignore the facebook shop request, since time has proven these absolutely do not work)

Just my 2 cents.

I'm on 3 dot something, where can I see what version i'm on? I've looked around the back end and cant find it. Upgrade center I thought but it's elusive to find that simple information.

yourstore.com?version

Once again, wouldn’t it be nice if they just put a button or link in the dashboard for this, or even had it permanenty displaying in small type in some corner somewhere. :-)

An API has nothing to do with the look/feel of a new backend. To me, this was an unnecessary change and quite honestly, all the soft gray tones make it more difficult to read on many devices. I have no idea what the underlying changes are underneath the look/feel. And of course, they've never published intentions nor asked for feedback on the impact of any future change.

The API could be done as an addon (for purchase for those who want/need it) and could be done on top of both V2 and V3 versions. I've had an API into cs-cart for 3 years (orders, customers and catalog). What it requires is a stable core environment that it can sit on top of. The moving target paradigm is appropriate here.

I don't think multivendor will be included in the mix (but it could be). This would mean there are several system entities that need to be accounted for in many core requests. I.e. company_id, supplier_id, vendor_id (right now, these are all overloaded). This will make queries much slower ad inserts slower still. The load on mySQL will go up significantly. But it can be done. However, it will break many existing addons and integrations. You could then have an Ultimate config with 5 storefronts, 2 of which are separate MVE sites that share customers only, and the other 3 having a mix of inventoried products and drop-shipped products (some shared, some not). Note that supplier_id could be overloaded to account for multiple warehouse shipping origins too.

Edward, I always add this to the admin function.

/skins/basic/admin/bottom.tpl

Find:

```php

```
Replace with:
```php

```
This then gives you "CS-Cart Ultimate 3.0.6" on the title tooltip of the CS-Cart logo in the footer of the admin.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1361031110' post='155556']

Edward, I always add this to the admin function.

/skins/basic/admin/bottom.tpl

Find:

```php

```
Replace with:
```php

```
This then gives you "CS-Cart Ultimate 3.0.6" on the title tooltip of the CS-Cart logo in the footer of the admin.
[/quote]

Great tip. Thanks!

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1361002380’ post=‘155528’]

… for the add-to-cart button ;)

… editing of invoice

[/quote]

Don’t know about you, but, I have an “add-to-button” … every Product page has a “Add to Shopping Cart” button … if needed, the text can be changed.

I also see and have used the “Edit order” link on the Viewing order page on a V3.0.5 MV site … I was able to edit the order without any problems.