CS-Cart 2.2.5 Released

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1341132993' post='139688']

This probably won't work, but you could try switching to multiple and then back again to extended (I do this all the time, so I can give a product more extended features then just 1 - the cart actually remembers the features chosen when set on mutliple, and then, after switching back to extented, it shows more then 1 extended feature → a neat trick because you can create fantastic SEO pages with extended features.

You could also try to delete folders: car/cache and var/compiled entirely (using ftp or cpanel) → this has solved some weird issues for me in the past that just clearing cache from admin did not.

[/quote]

Hi Funny thing when clear cache I get this…

Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/core/fn.control.php on line 749

Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/core/fn.control.php on line 749

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/core/fn.control.php:749) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/core/fn.init.php on line 413

Also if I change to multiple and save I get same result “NOT SAVED”

Any ideas?

strpos() frequently pops up when the server isn't using a suitable PHP configuration that the application expects.

The 'Cannot modify header information' refers to either white-space in the php file(s) OR PHP configuration issues;

Reference: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1489/solve-php-error-cannot-modify-header-information-headers-already-sent/

It's best that you speak to your host in this case.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1341149917' post='139698']

strpos() frequently pops up when the server isn't using a suitable PHP configuration that the application expects.

The 'Cannot modify header information' refers to either white-space in the php file(s) OR PHP configuration issues;

Reference: http://www.tech-reci…s-already-sent/

It's best that you speak to your host in this case.

[/quote]

Hi Jesse

Thanks for that, I'll open a ticket with them and see what they say.

Barry

Barry,

Just to confirm, do ALL your directories have write permissions inside …/var/ ?

You should set …/var/ and its directories (/backups/, /cache/, /compiled/, /database/, /exim/, /snapshots/, and any others I've forgotten) to CHMOD 0777 (or an appropriate level as per your system - e.g. 0775 or 0757 etc).

If you have cPanel, log in and click on “Disk Usage”. Scroll down the page and wait for it to complete loading. You will see a list of directories that reside on your server and corresponding sizes for those directories, sub-directories and sub-sub-sub-sub-directories. Click on the '+' to expand and drill down deeper.

Please see if the …/var/ directory has changed in size from a backup or its original size.

STRPOS(); is a common function used in many scripts to find the position of some text in a string. It's included by most servers and should be available if you download a default php.ini…

Your server administrator may have disabled this for some strange reason, or just have it turn off by default (can be enabled for example via htaccess or php.ini - please check). Your best bet is to contact your host support team.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Cannot modify header information[/font][/color]

This will depend on many things - from misconfiguration, incorrect output before output of page, modification of headers after output of page, and so on. Seems to me you need to solve the STRPOS first, and then tackle this issue (I believe the two may be related).

Good luck!

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1341129069' post='139687']

I have had a quick look at “VAR” folder and the permissions seem to be all the same as else where, ie Folders 755 files 644

Do you know exact Folder/File it is saving to as I can't find anything?

We realise now that it is an issue with us and not CS so any further advice from you or anyone else is very much appreciated.

Barry

[/quote]

Hi

In my error log on my server I get this error when I try to save the product feature…

PHP Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

Tried to find php.ini, but can't. Any ideas or am I barking up the wrong tree??

Thanks for your input guys.

Barry

Barry,

Generally the DB files (and site files) are stored under var/upgrade//backup

direcrory based on the version you are upgrading from/to.

Have you checked your file quota? If you're anywhere above 70% or so in normal operation, this could be the cause of the failure to write the DB backup. Good news is that it isn't continuing without a backup.

The strpos issue is an old bug of theirs. If you are running one of my old versions of an addon, it could be the cause. All our addons have been adjusted to not use anything but a string in the addon options to avoid this issues since they refused to fix it. The easy solution check any files in your addons directory (from EZ Merchant Solutions) for a file named class.dbg.php. In there, comment out a line that says:

ini_set('display_errors', true);

by changing it to read:

//ini_set('display_errors', true);

This only happens in Admin and is there for diagnosing issues that would normally be hidden. But it is safe to comment out the line.

If you find one of our addons is causing this issue, drop me an email and I'll get you the current version.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1341177384' post='139719']

The strpos issue is an old bug of theirs. If you are running one of my old versions of an addon, it could be the cause. All our addons have been adjusted to not use anything but a string in the addon options to avoid this issues since they refused to fix it. The easy solution check any files in your addons directory (from EZ Merchant Solutions) for a file named class.dbg.php. In there, comment out a line that says:

ini_set('display_errors', true);

by changing it to read:

//ini_set('display_errors', true);

[/quote]

Hi Tony

Commented out this in addons>ez_common, and the problem is still there.

I only have the xml data feeds addon and I can't see it in there.

Barry

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1341151739' post='139701']

Hi Jesse

Thanks for that, I'll open a ticket with them and see what they say.

Barry

[/quote]

Host say it is a script error, so open to suggestions, as usual!!!

Thanks

Barry

Unidevelopers

I have had a quick look at “VAR” folder and the permissions seem to be all the same as else where, ie Folders 755 files 644

Barry

Barry,

For your strpos issue, then you'll probably have to search your addons directories for the string 'display_errors' and look for where it might be set to true. it's an issue that can be safely ignored.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1340932553' post='139566']

CS-Cart will COPY your current store to /var/backups/, then upgrade.

It's necessary for you to delete the backups when required - sounds as though you might have a few double'd up image folders?

[/quote]

I upgraded my hosting and I guess i simply was out of space in my old environment.

All went well now.

Thanks for the info.

when will be cs-cart 2.2.6 available? :rolleyes:

Huh? There won’t be any more V2 releases. V3 has been out for quite a while. Where have you been? :-)

Hello,

I have cs-cart, after updating to 2.2.5 at administration panel on the right corner at “Design” Menu is missing the “block” manager! How can i find it or turn it on (if someone had turn it off) ?