Cart-Power Add-On: Power Labels

Hello!

I like the idea of this addon but not all the icons/labels on the images.

The images of default pre-set labels can be easily changed to any other image or text on the label settings page.

How hard would it be to place/list these in the promo section of the product page with the ability to add text next to icon/label?

As for label position, the current add-on implies adding labels to the product image only. Please, send us the screenshot with the approximate label position on the product page and we check what can be done.

Best regards,

I don't have a screenshot but as I previously stated, it would be nice to list them where the promo text is listed in the default install.

I don't have a screenshot but as I previously stated, it would be nice to list them where the promo text is listed in the default install.

Thank you for clarification. We will try to add this kind of the functionality in one of the future releases of the add-on.

For now, as a temporary solution, you can use the "Insert image" functionality of the Promo text field to add images on the product page:

I would like to apply labels to all products of a category. So if a product is moved to the category the label automatically applies and if a product is moved out of the category the label is removed.

Thank you for clarification. We will add this functionality into one of the future releases of the add-on.

Has this been implemented by any chance?

Hello!

Has this been implemented by any chance?

This functionality is realized in the add-on now.

Wow, amazing addon.

However, labels are listed in product details page, product list page but not blocks. I have a block in homepage that lists newly added products in scroller block, this block has no labels is this default functionality or what?

Compact list view also does not have labels..

Update

Regarding scroller block, probably this functionality does not work with particularly scroller block, as it does work with grid list block in your demo

http://demo.cart-power.com/addons_default/preview/?demo_storefront_url=5

Seems that you check the functionality in the out-of-date demo store. Please, inform us where you see this links so that we can change it to the correct one.

The current version of the Power Labels add-on is installed here: Admin panel and Storefront

The labels on the homepage are displayed if in the block template the "Scroller with labels" is chosen

Edited:

Sorry for misleading.

The labels are displayed on the Products without options" template. For example, like here. It depends on the add-on settings and thumbnails size.

The labels are not displayed on the short list template because it contains too small pictures and tricky structure for the labels displaying.

Found it, thanks.

The labels on the homepage are displayed if in the block template the "Scroller with labels" is chosen

One more thing. The usage of displaying feature as a label. After selecting Product feature, addon asks to pick Product feature variants. Did not select anything nothing is displayed.

Imagine you sell "sphares" in size of 5cm.. 11cm ... 15cm.. Why would you setup a particular variant to label if those variants are already assigned to product? Ok if you wish to assign some text to a product, but I understand as displaying Product feature as with Product feature variants that are already assigned to product...

Dear Darius,

Found it, thanks.

One more thing. The usage of displaying feature as a label. After selecting Product feature, addon asks to pick Product feature variants. Did not select anything nothing is displayed.

Imagine you sell "sphares" in size of 5cm.. 11cm ... 15cm.. Why would you setup a particular variant to label if those variants are already assigned to product? Ok if you wish to assign some text to a product, but I understand as displaying Product feature as with Product feature variants that are already assigned to product...

Actually, it was dome to mark products with the very specific feature, for example, products of the certain shape, of the certain brands or with the certain type of connector, etc.

As for adding the label to products that just have this or that feature, it is possible to add to the add-on functionality. We will do it in the next release of the add-on by the end of November.

I got yet another request.. I like very much so you included usage of css classes for your labels. I do not like using text or images, even those you include are not so stylish. Personally I like

http://fontawesome.io/icons/

My point is that those icons use not much space, but problem is that currently you cannot fit two labels to top right. But why not? Labels could group (according to priority) in a row! You should really consider this in upgrade.

Dear Darius,

I got yet another request.. I like very much so you included usage of css classes for your labels. I do not like using text or images, even those you include are not so stylish. Personally I like

http://fontawesome.io/icons/

My point is that those icons use not much space, but problem is that currently you cannot fit two labels to top right. But why not? Labels could group (according to priority) in a row! You should really consider this in upgrade.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Actually, we also like Fontawesome icons, we use in other our products, for example, Power FAQ add-on and Power theme, so we add these icons into the Power label add-on.

As for the labels with similar position arrangement, there are some tricky moments with image sizes and ratio of image and label. We try to find the best solution.

Thank you.

Just like to share that this addon is not working with 4.4.1

Just like to share that this addon is not working with 4.4.1

The testing process is not finished yet, but we did not face any critical issues. Could you, please, send us more details about the problem?

Well, I have 439 store import from 437, then 439 to 441 upgrade. My current version has no files modified or any addons applied.
Installed your addon cleared cache but no change happen neither to products in categories or product details page.

The testing process is not finished yet, but we did not face any critical issues. Could you, please, send us more details about the problem?

Uninstalled addon once again, deleted all, now it works ! :)

Dear Darius,

Well, I have 439 store import from 437, then 439 to 441 upgrade. My current version has no files modified or any addons applied.
Installed your addon cleared cache but no change happen neither to products in categories or product details page.

Uninstalled addon once again, deleted all, now it works ! :)

Glad to hear that the problem has been solved :)

Dear Friends,
We are happy to inform you that our Power Labels add-on is fully compatible with CS-Cart 4.4.2
Feel free to contact us if any questions arise.
Best regards,
Cart-Power
P.S. You can try the functionality of this add-on in our demo-store.

Howdy,

I am trying bulk edit products feature, selecting 50 products and edit features only, I get label edit options in right. I think label editing should be separate checkbox and when you got lots of features list sometimes does not open.. In my case script timeouts without loading all 50 products with its features. But I am not sure if its due to label addon or many feature variants.

Dear Darius,

Howdy,

I am trying bulk edit products feature, selecting 50 products and edit features only, I get label edit options in right. I think label editing should be separate checkbox and when you got lots of features list sometimes does not open.. In my case script timeouts without loading all 50 products with its features. But I am not sure if its due to label addon or many feature variants.

Thank you for the message.

The timeouts may be caused by the number of features. We failed to reproduce this in our installation.

But as for label checkbox, there is the bug found in the add-on. We have already solved it. The new version is available for downloading in our store.

Best regards,

Good add-on but we have had to disable it until cscart fix the bug with option variants. ... again

Non-inventory options are incorrectly affecting Stock Status, thus showing product as out of stock when it is not.

see

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-7100-products-show-as-out-of-stock-if-required-options-not-selected/?gopid=28039#entry28039

Update: there is a fix proposed for the option variants bug, however, there is still a problem with this Labels addon.

Its possibly an issue with the cart default operation, but not sure.

When a product has options that are all inventory+required, the cart function cannot determine inventory level, as it cannot determine the Option Combination until the visitor selects a combination of all the inventory+required options for the product.

Until then, the Label shows the Out Of Stock label across the image.

Or put another way, the Cart-Power Product Labels addon cannot distinguish between "unknown" and "0" inventory levels.